Life Goes On

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Another Great Day

This is it, my first post. With words that is; my other first post was yesterday, but only a picture of my son.

Today will be a carbon copy of yesterday minus the yard work. It's all done. The flowers are starting to show up. I hope they hurry, been waiting for the hummingbirds.

I have no plans; this is normal. Might go to the grocery store, might not. I don't like to go shopping. Might make dinner, might go to McDondalds. Depends on what the day brings.

Desperate Housewives tonight, can't wait. Grey's Anatomy right after; again, can't wait.

My son is sleeping. I love being alone in the morning. Waiting for the newspaper..........will he remember me this week? Seems like I always have to call and have one brought special. I even pay the carrier extra so he will bring it to the porch. Might stop doing that since I seem to be forgotten quite often. I only get the Sunday edition, seems like it would make remembering me easier. Apparently not.

I'm a Michael Stanley geek, listen to him all the time. These are the lyrics from one of my favorite songs:

Lover from "Heartland"
1980, EMI Records Group


Well the glow from the bars and a
thousand stars
Light the cold Ohio night
And the Turnpike's slick, the
snow's as thick as thieves
Since your call came through there
ain't nothing new
But the radio and the headlights
And the news at the top of the hour
That no one really believes,
do they

Lover...what you want to go and do
that for
Lover...why'd you want to tear it
apart
Lover...you say you got your
reasons, but I need more
Lover...give me back my heart
Give it back, girl
When the cold comes to stay it
takes your breath away
And it makes the hours crawl
And it feels to me like I've been
driving forever
Then your words return, the whole
place burns
And I just don't know where to
begin
Girl could you just make it
anybody else
Anybody else but him, could you

And somewhere ahead tonight
With fine wine and candlelight
He's gonna turn your head around
Girl what you want me to do
If I leave this thing all up to you
I'm gonna lose the best thing I've
found
I can see what's going down
So I talk to the night, I head for
the light
Try and hold it on the road
Thank God for the man who put
the white lines
On the highway
Baby what you gonna do when the
fire is through
And you find he's out looking for
somebody new
Cause you did everything that he
wanted you to do
And now you're all alone and
crying, aren't you...

--words & music by Michael Stanley


Newsflash:
This just in - The paper is here! Might just be a good day!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger author said…

    Hi Cindy...
    It's monday, haven't slept
    Prednisone for pnuemonia keeping me awake.
    Just found your blog again.
    I have got to organize my favorites.
    I have added you to my blog as well.
    Great first post and a handsome son !
    Have a good day.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Angel Chasse said…

    Hey,
    I love Desparate Houswives as well.. seems like not a week goes by on that show without something happening..
    What soaps do you follow? I am a fan of Guiding Light, and sometimes catch ATWT before it -- I finally have your blog in my favorites, so I will be back often :)
    *hugs* - Hope this is a good day..
    Angel Chasse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home