Snicklefritz in the Dryer
I hope that it will be another peaceful Sunday. Maybe Anthony can get the grass cut if it doesn't rain. He has another birthday party to go to today. The newspaper is here but I haven't read it yet. I will spend my day working on that mountain of love, you know, laundry! I just went down to put my curtains in the dryer, and discovered a Snicklefritz. I hate when that happens! Anthony left the dryer open with a couple towels still in it, and Snicks was using it as a bed. Snicks is our adopted cat. I thought Snicklefritz was too ridiculous for a name so I've shortened it to Snicks. She answers to neither so I guess it doesn't really matter. My geology professor announced in class one day that he had a cat that needed a new home. His wife had allergies and just couldn't take it anymore. I told him after class that if nobody else wanted her that Anthony and I would take her and love her. She really is a sweet cat, very pleasant to be around. Terk completely hates her, and they fight all the time. I often send pictures to my professor friend so he can show his kids that she is happy and well taken care of.
So, I've kicked her out of the dryer and now she is guarding the driveway. I suspect that she's waiting for our neighbor groundhog to come out. She waits for her every day. Anthony will come in the house cracking up and say Mom, Snicks is stalking the groundhog again. I ask him where is she this time, and he says, in the car! She stalks from the safest place she can find! She's not supposed to be an outdoor cat, she's declawed. I can't keep her in the house, there is just so much to do outside.
Suckerpunch
Never gave thought to fashion till
Someone said I looked like you
Never gave thought to passion till
Someone said I screw like you
Baby I was never cool enough
To get a job at a record store
But if I had I wouldn't want you anymore
Never gave thought to rash'in till
Someone said I had a rash like you
Never gave thought to mashin' till
Someone said I mashed like you
Baby I was never cool enough
To get a job at a record store
But if I had I wouldn't want you
Wouldn't want you...
See Dick
See Jane
See how they both complain
See how they go round and round again
Over nothin at all
Me Dick
You Jane
See how we all complain
See we get all wrapped up
Over nothin at all
Here's the suckerpunch
Never gave thought to crashing till
Someone said I crashed a lot like you
Never gave thought to passion till
Someone said I screw like you
Baby I was never cool enough
To get a job at a record store
But if I had I wouldn't want you
Wouldn't want you...
See Dick
See Jane
See how they both complain
See how they go round and round
Over nothin at all
You Dick
Me Jane
See how we both complain
See we get all rapped up
Over nothin at all
Here's the suckerpunch
Listen
So, I've kicked her out of the dryer and now she is guarding the driveway. I suspect that she's waiting for our neighbor groundhog to come out. She waits for her every day. Anthony will come in the house cracking up and say Mom, Snicks is stalking the groundhog again. I ask him where is she this time, and he says, in the car! She stalks from the safest place she can find! She's not supposed to be an outdoor cat, she's declawed. I can't keep her in the house, there is just so much to do outside.
I hope there is something good on tv today. I usually spend the day watching Lifetime, hopefully there will be something on that I haven't seen yet. If not, I'll surf the cannels until I find something good. I have a couple things on Ebay that I'm auctioning and there are a few things that I'm bidding on and watching, waiting to bid. I'll periodically check them during the day. In between all of that, catching up on my favorite blogs that I read. I'm currently listening to The Refreshments: Fizzy Fuzzy Big and Buzzy. One of my favorites, good music for a Sunday morning!
Annie, this one's for you!
Annie, this one's for you!
Never gave thought to fashion till
Someone said I looked like you
Never gave thought to passion till
Someone said I screw like you
Baby I was never cool enough
To get a job at a record store
But if I had I wouldn't want you anymore
Never gave thought to rash'in till
Someone said I had a rash like you
Never gave thought to mashin' till
Someone said I mashed like you
Baby I was never cool enough
To get a job at a record store
But if I had I wouldn't want you
Wouldn't want you...
See Dick
See Jane
See how they both complain
See how they go round and round again
Over nothin at all
Me Dick
You Jane
See how we all complain
See we get all wrapped up
Over nothin at all
Here's the suckerpunch
Never gave thought to crashing till
Someone said I crashed a lot like you
Never gave thought to passion till
Someone said I screw like you
Baby I was never cool enough
To get a job at a record store
But if I had I wouldn't want you
Wouldn't want you...
See Dick
See Jane
See how they both complain
See how they go round and round
Over nothin at all
You Dick
Me Jane
See how we both complain
See we get all rapped up
Over nothin at all
Here's the suckerpunch
I just like the song, and it always makes me smile when I hear it!
Listen









8 Comments:
At 8:38 AM,
Jaded said…
Hi Cindy,
Snicklefritz is the cat's name from The Big Comfy Couch. My niece used to love that show! My daughter isn't interested in it at all, lol.
As for my friends daughter, I may have gotten the disk part wrong. She might have said vertebrae, but I honestly don't remember. I just remember the name of the condition because you'd just explained it to me. She said that the doctor is completely baffled as to why Samantha even has this, and said that he believes it's almost never this severe in someone so young. She's on complete bed rest until they see the specialist. We live in NJ, and the closest Children's Hospital is in Philadelphia. It's rated as the best children's hospital in the country. But, the best pediatric back specialist in this area is in Delaware, which is why they're taking her there. She is a sweet, beautiful girl who loves nothing more than to dance. I can't imagine having your dreams shattered like that at such a young age.
Anyway, I'm pretending that my laundry doesn't exist today. I'll get to it at some point, just not today, lol. Have a good one!
At 9:02 AM,
A Flowered Purse said…
LOL on the kitty! Have fun doing the laundry, tomorrow will be my laundry day. I loathe it. Have a wonderful sunday and hope anthony has a good time at the birthday party!!!
Happy Memorial Day!!
Dianna
At 10:12 AM,
Nancy said…
Too funny. Cats find the craziest places to sleep. Mine is all over but has recently realized he fits perfectly in my bathroom sink! Snuggles right in there.
At 10:47 AM,
lightfeather said…
Cats are the most curious of characters! Each one of mine is different and amusing! Oh the stories! Your dryer story is hilarious!
Happy Sunday to you!
At 7:19 PM,
author said…
Thanks for the song !
My cat hates me. Actually the feeling is mutual...well ok we dont HATE each other. But he wont look at me and I don't care if he does. LOL
work days are done.
four hours tomorrow night and I am finished until Friday again.
I am in heaven !
Thanks for the so kind things you reply on my blog.
You are a dear person and friend.
Thank you for being you !
At 12:57 PM,
Lois Lane said…
Awww Snicks is too cute! Great song too! Thanks!
Lois Lane
At 4:20 PM,
I'm not even supposed to be here today said…
Cute kitty! Sounds like he has some sense too... I mean if I could find a warm, sfot and peaceful place to sleep in the middle of the day, I would do it. Pretty sure I won't fit in the dryer though!
At 3:23 AM,
Anonymous said…
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »
Post a Comment
<< Home