I'm really pregnant.......
Even though I was told I was pregnant, I still didn't really believe it. Other than not having a period, I didn't feel pregnant. I signed up for insurance, and went to my gynecologist because that's what I was told to do by my family doctor. The doctor that I had been seeing since I was two. Since he confirmed what the nurse had told me, I kind of have to trust that he knows what he's talking about, even though I thought they were all nuts.
I remember that on my last visit to the gynecologist that I had a conversation with her about not getting pregnant. I said something to the effect, why do you think it is that I've never got pregnant. Her response was, are you trying to get pregnant, my answer was no. She said well, if you're not trying, don't worry about it. If you start trying and are unsuccessful, then we will look into it. Trust me, I wasn't trying. On this trip she says that I have to take these vitamins and visit once a month. Go have a sonogram, so we can tell when your due date is.
I've never had a sonogram, so I'm nervous. This is where I'm going to confirm that my family doctors are nut jobs. Only, this is where I finally accepted the fact that I was definitely pregnant. I went alone, no need for Leap to be there. He's done this before, work is more important, I prefer to do this kind of stuff alone. The technician rubs around for a couple seconds and says yes, there it is! I say, are you sure? She says, yes, I'm sure, have a look. I have to idea what I'm looking at, so she points to this big blob and says, see, there's the head. It is just a big blob to me, and I said, hmmmm, it's gonna look just like it's father, with that big head. The nurse says she's been doing this procedure for a number of years, and nobody has ever said that, and she's cracking up laughing. I had to ask, there is only one, right? She says yes, only one. Are you sure? Yes, only one. From the baby's position, she couldn't tell the sex. I said that was ok because I wasn't sure I wanted to know anyway. I'm due sometime in August, like I suspected. Here's the deal, Kelly-Aug 3, Jeremy-Aug 4, Leap-Aug 14, and Tiffany-Aug 31. Christmas time is a very busy time for Leap. Dustin-April 21, me-Dec 11, the two oddballs.
Leap came home from work sick as a dog. Coughing and hacking all over the place. I wanted him to see his doctor immediately because I sure as hell didn't want to get sick again. He went to the doctor, and he had pneumonia. His doctor told him not to even look at me until he was better. One thing about Leap, he got pneumonia every year after tree season, every single year.
We discussed the fact that we were going to have to move again. I told him I wanted a washer and dryer, that I was tired of hauling clothes in and out of the house. He was agreeable and we started looking for a house. I was being selective about what we would even go look at. After about a month, I found this nice little two bedroom in a good neighborhood. We went to look at it and both decided immediately this was the one we wanted. We signed the lease the day we went and started making arrangements for the move. There was a stove and refrigerator there, all we needed was the washer and dryer.

The house is really close to my work. There is a Dairy Queen on one corner and a park at the end of the street. Leap took care of the moving part. He rented a U-haul and he and his buddies moved us in one day. Leap surveyed the back yard and decided he would plant a garden. Our yard was fenced, this is good for Rascal! We got friendly with the neighbors beside the garage; the one on the other side was an elderly gentleman, who had a really nice yard. There was a creek than ran on the other side of his property. On the other side of the creek was John Y, and old friend of Leap's that I met way back when we lived together the first time. It's nice to have someone you know that close.
We still went fishing in the evenings, or on the weekends. I stopped drinking completely. I didn't stop smoking though. From December 26, I never drank or got high. I remembered when my mom was pregnant with Johnny, she pretended to quit smoking, but we all knew she was still smoking. Leap did not quit drinking. He still drank a twelve pack a day, every day, like it was part of his job.
We signed up for the childbirth classes. Leap kind of dragged his feet on this one. He insists that he doesn't need classes, been there, done that. I told him that I hadn't been there or done that and he was going. When we went, of course there was a girl that I used to baby-sit. Ok, now I feel really old. This girl is now probably 21, and I'm 32. Yes, I feel old. Most of the people in the class were very young.
I never had morning sickness. I had sore throats. I was always sick. There was an air-conditioning vent right above my work station; I blamed it on that and the walking in and out of the freezers and the coolers. Every couple of weeks I was at the doctor with a sore throat.
One day at work, I was standing over in the corner where we had an elevator, and where we stored pots and pans and stuff. I was either putting something in the elevator or something and all of the sudden, something hit me in the head. It staggered me, and I wasn't sure what had happened. I navigated my way across the hall to the supervisor's office and walked in. Chip says, Cindy are you alright, and someone else says, look at her Chip, she's not alright. He asks me what is wrong and I said, I don't know, something hit my head, I think. He walked me to the clinic and went back to investigate what had actually happened.
The nurse keeps taking my blood pressure. I had to sit there forever with this blinding pain in my head. Chip comes back carrying an empty 5-gallon bucket, and said it must have been on the top shelf because it was on the floor. I wonder what ass-hole put it on the top shelf. Thank God it was just a plastic bucket and not one of our big soup pots. They sent me home to rest. Between the injury and the sore throats, I'm getting big as a house and miserable.
I remember that on my last visit to the gynecologist that I had a conversation with her about not getting pregnant. I said something to the effect, why do you think it is that I've never got pregnant. Her response was, are you trying to get pregnant, my answer was no. She said well, if you're not trying, don't worry about it. If you start trying and are unsuccessful, then we will look into it. Trust me, I wasn't trying. On this trip she says that I have to take these vitamins and visit once a month. Go have a sonogram, so we can tell when your due date is.
I've never had a sonogram, so I'm nervous. This is where I'm going to confirm that my family doctors are nut jobs. Only, this is where I finally accepted the fact that I was definitely pregnant. I went alone, no need for Leap to be there. He's done this before, work is more important, I prefer to do this kind of stuff alone. The technician rubs around for a couple seconds and says yes, there it is! I say, are you sure? She says, yes, I'm sure, have a look. I have to idea what I'm looking at, so she points to this big blob and says, see, there's the head. It is just a big blob to me, and I said, hmmmm, it's gonna look just like it's father, with that big head. The nurse says she's been doing this procedure for a number of years, and nobody has ever said that, and she's cracking up laughing. I had to ask, there is only one, right? She says yes, only one. Are you sure? Yes, only one. From the baby's position, she couldn't tell the sex. I said that was ok because I wasn't sure I wanted to know anyway. I'm due sometime in August, like I suspected. Here's the deal, Kelly-Aug 3, Jeremy-Aug 4, Leap-Aug 14, and Tiffany-Aug 31. Christmas time is a very busy time for Leap. Dustin-April 21, me-Dec 11, the two oddballs.
Leap came home from work sick as a dog. Coughing and hacking all over the place. I wanted him to see his doctor immediately because I sure as hell didn't want to get sick again. He went to the doctor, and he had pneumonia. His doctor told him not to even look at me until he was better. One thing about Leap, he got pneumonia every year after tree season, every single year.
We discussed the fact that we were going to have to move again. I told him I wanted a washer and dryer, that I was tired of hauling clothes in and out of the house. He was agreeable and we started looking for a house. I was being selective about what we would even go look at. After about a month, I found this nice little two bedroom in a good neighborhood. We went to look at it and both decided immediately this was the one we wanted. We signed the lease the day we went and started making arrangements for the move. There was a stove and refrigerator there, all we needed was the washer and dryer.

The house is really close to my work. There is a Dairy Queen on one corner and a park at the end of the street. Leap took care of the moving part. He rented a U-haul and he and his buddies moved us in one day. Leap surveyed the back yard and decided he would plant a garden. Our yard was fenced, this is good for Rascal! We got friendly with the neighbors beside the garage; the one on the other side was an elderly gentleman, who had a really nice yard. There was a creek than ran on the other side of his property. On the other side of the creek was John Y, and old friend of Leap's that I met way back when we lived together the first time. It's nice to have someone you know that close.
We still went fishing in the evenings, or on the weekends. I stopped drinking completely. I didn't stop smoking though. From December 26, I never drank or got high. I remembered when my mom was pregnant with Johnny, she pretended to quit smoking, but we all knew she was still smoking. Leap did not quit drinking. He still drank a twelve pack a day, every day, like it was part of his job.
We signed up for the childbirth classes. Leap kind of dragged his feet on this one. He insists that he doesn't need classes, been there, done that. I told him that I hadn't been there or done that and he was going. When we went, of course there was a girl that I used to baby-sit. Ok, now I feel really old. This girl is now probably 21, and I'm 32. Yes, I feel old. Most of the people in the class were very young.
I never had morning sickness. I had sore throats. I was always sick. There was an air-conditioning vent right above my work station; I blamed it on that and the walking in and out of the freezers and the coolers. Every couple of weeks I was at the doctor with a sore throat.
One day at work, I was standing over in the corner where we had an elevator, and where we stored pots and pans and stuff. I was either putting something in the elevator or something and all of the sudden, something hit me in the head. It staggered me, and I wasn't sure what had happened. I navigated my way across the hall to the supervisor's office and walked in. Chip says, Cindy are you alright, and someone else says, look at her Chip, she's not alright. He asks me what is wrong and I said, I don't know, something hit my head, I think. He walked me to the clinic and went back to investigate what had actually happened.
The nurse keeps taking my blood pressure. I had to sit there forever with this blinding pain in my head. Chip comes back carrying an empty 5-gallon bucket, and said it must have been on the top shelf because it was on the floor. I wonder what ass-hole put it on the top shelf. Thank God it was just a plastic bucket and not one of our big soup pots. They sent me home to rest. Between the injury and the sore throats, I'm getting big as a house and miserable.








6 Comments:
At 8:52 AM,
Karen said…
glad that it wasn't a big soup pot too ! that would have been bad.
being sick, now having an injury--
so far your pregnancy sounds pretty hard. I hope it got better for you.
At 9:08 AM,
A Flowered Purse said…
Aw i was wondering where anthony came into the story YAY!!! Sounds like you were very sick though! i cant wait to read todays installment!
LOve
Dianna
At 11:14 AM,
Nancy said…
Ouch, that had to hurt like hell!
Glad you moved into a nice two bedroom.
Funny how you cracked up the tech too.
And good you finally "got" that you really were pregnant!
At 11:16 AM,
Jaded said…
I pretty much hated every second of being pregnant. I wanted to smack the women who would tell me that they LOVED it and never felt better in their lives as when they were pregnant. I was miserable, and sick with crazy things, like, pregnancy induced gingivitis so my mouth hurt...pregnancy induced carpal tunnel so my hands, wrists and arms were in agony....gestational diabetes, so I had to give myself shots. HATED IT!! Man, was it worth it in the end though.
Glad you stopped getting high and drinking. My mom smoked through all 3 of her pregnancies and nothing happened, luckily.
At 3:08 PM,
author said…
oh you will hate me then Jaded.
I loved being pregnant.
Even the sickness was expected and tolerated with little complaint.
Now that being said, I didn't have any complications in any of my pregnancies other than normal morning sickness.
I love this part of the story Cindy, Birth stories are the best.
At 6:16 PM,
author said…
damn girl would you have that baby !!
I have been checking back 10
times a day.
Pop him out already
LOL
Love ya...
Post a Comment
<< Home