What Goes Around
Frank and his wife were rapidly coming to an end. He had moved back home with Grandma Hatfield. I always called her grandma, she was the sweetest tobacco chewing grandma in the world. Grandpa Hatfield was called Pap by everyone. He loved me so much. He always called me Dot, short for daughter, always. What better way to get back at Leap but to nestle myself right in his own family. It was perfect. It didn't hurt that old Frank wasn't hard to look at. What was even better was the fact that I wouldn't have to say anything to Leap; he would learn it through the grapevine.
Leap got himself back into our old house. This bothered me quite a bit, the history and all. He moved out of the dungeon and into our old house with a couple other guys, who were very shady characters. I had met some of them, and they were scary. Joe Wilson was one of them, and he was very bad. Thelma was still in the picture, she had a 10pm curfew. This means that I was late dating Leap, after 10pm. My goal there was for Thelma to catch us in the act. It seemed only fair.
Leap is starting to be afraid of the room-mates. They are pretty out of control, he sometimes doesn't want to go home. Of course, I would sneak him into my bedroom on those occasions. My little brother was in kindergarten and my mom took him to school everyday. I was supposed to leave my keys on the kitchen table so she could move my car to get him to school. Every now and then I would forget. She would send Johnny up to my room to get my keys. If Leap was there, Johnny would say to my mom on the way to school, "WEEP was in Cindy's room". My mom would come home, wake us up, chew us out and make me take him home. She might have bitched, but she was cool. She knew we weren't done.
Meanwhile, I'm building bridges with Frank. I'm desperately trying to get out of my mom's house. Working and saving. I'm slowly starting to speak to my sister. My brother was involved in some shady dealings, and had also crossed a picket line to work. Nobody knows for sure why, but everyone knew that it was because of Frankie, my mom's house got paint bombed. Her brand new roof, splattered with grey paint. The go to guy for roofing was Leap.
Mom knows I'm sneaking around with him, so she asks me if I would call him and get him to come over for an estimate. Leap was more than willing to help my parents out. My parents loved Leap, they sure didn't approve of his behavior, but they loved him. Their details were hammered out and Leap would be fixing the roof, him and his cousin Greg and of course Mike. The thing with Mike was, he rarely showed up to work, so basically it was Leap and Greg.
During that time, the Octoberfest was happening in Sharon, PA. My parents asked me to come with them. Nobody wanted to go. I moped around the house because not one of my posse wanted to go. Mom suggests that I ask Leap. I thought about it for about five minutes and decided it sounded like a plan. I called him, asked, and he said sure. I told him I'd come and get him so we wouldn't be stuck with my parents the whole time.
We had one of the best times ever. It was so much fun, so glad we went. We ate, drank, hung out with my parents, went off on our own, the day was perfect. Afterwards, we headed back to our old house. I can't remember exactly what happened, but there was an altercation at a traffic light back in town. Leap had words with someone we knew, and punches were thrown. Leap had just enough of a buzz to be stupid. Got out of the car at a red light and had a fight. Leap wasn't much of a fighter, so he ended up bloody, with a pretty good gash on his forehead. I got him back into the car and got him home and cleaned him up.
Naturally, we went to bed. All in all, it was a pretty good day. He wanted me to stay, and I wanted to. I woke up to Thelma beating on Leap to wake up. One of the room-mates had let her in, knowing perfectly well that I was there. I said, Thelma, if you lay another hand on him, I will get up and beat the living shit out of you. She went into the bathroom crying. I woke Leap up with a kiss, and whispered in his ear, your girlfriend is here, I think I'm gonna go home. He looked like he was going to puke. I just said, now she knows how it feels and oh by the way, I'm fucking your uncle.
Leap got himself back into our old house. This bothered me quite a bit, the history and all. He moved out of the dungeon and into our old house with a couple other guys, who were very shady characters. I had met some of them, and they were scary. Joe Wilson was one of them, and he was very bad. Thelma was still in the picture, she had a 10pm curfew. This means that I was late dating Leap, after 10pm. My goal there was for Thelma to catch us in the act. It seemed only fair.
Leap is starting to be afraid of the room-mates. They are pretty out of control, he sometimes doesn't want to go home. Of course, I would sneak him into my bedroom on those occasions. My little brother was in kindergarten and my mom took him to school everyday. I was supposed to leave my keys on the kitchen table so she could move my car to get him to school. Every now and then I would forget. She would send Johnny up to my room to get my keys. If Leap was there, Johnny would say to my mom on the way to school, "WEEP was in Cindy's room". My mom would come home, wake us up, chew us out and make me take him home. She might have bitched, but she was cool. She knew we weren't done.
Meanwhile, I'm building bridges with Frank. I'm desperately trying to get out of my mom's house. Working and saving. I'm slowly starting to speak to my sister. My brother was involved in some shady dealings, and had also crossed a picket line to work. Nobody knows for sure why, but everyone knew that it was because of Frankie, my mom's house got paint bombed. Her brand new roof, splattered with grey paint. The go to guy for roofing was Leap.
Mom knows I'm sneaking around with him, so she asks me if I would call him and get him to come over for an estimate. Leap was more than willing to help my parents out. My parents loved Leap, they sure didn't approve of his behavior, but they loved him. Their details were hammered out and Leap would be fixing the roof, him and his cousin Greg and of course Mike. The thing with Mike was, he rarely showed up to work, so basically it was Leap and Greg.
During that time, the Octoberfest was happening in Sharon, PA. My parents asked me to come with them. Nobody wanted to go. I moped around the house because not one of my posse wanted to go. Mom suggests that I ask Leap. I thought about it for about five minutes and decided it sounded like a plan. I called him, asked, and he said sure. I told him I'd come and get him so we wouldn't be stuck with my parents the whole time.
We had one of the best times ever. It was so much fun, so glad we went. We ate, drank, hung out with my parents, went off on our own, the day was perfect. Afterwards, we headed back to our old house. I can't remember exactly what happened, but there was an altercation at a traffic light back in town. Leap had words with someone we knew, and punches were thrown. Leap had just enough of a buzz to be stupid. Got out of the car at a red light and had a fight. Leap wasn't much of a fighter, so he ended up bloody, with a pretty good gash on his forehead. I got him back into the car and got him home and cleaned him up.
Naturally, we went to bed. All in all, it was a pretty good day. He wanted me to stay, and I wanted to. I woke up to Thelma beating on Leap to wake up. One of the room-mates had let her in, knowing perfectly well that I was there. I said, Thelma, if you lay another hand on him, I will get up and beat the living shit out of you. She went into the bathroom crying. I woke Leap up with a kiss, and whispered in his ear, your girlfriend is here, I think I'm gonna go home. He looked like he was going to puke. I just said, now she knows how it feels and oh by the way, I'm fucking your uncle.








5 Comments:
At 11:54 PM,
Nancy said…
Oh by the way, I'm fucking your uncle... It was the perfect revenge. Was it sweet?
How on earth did he take it and what happened to Thelma?
At 6:46 AM,
Karen said…
holy crap !
that was great !
"and by the way..."
bravo Cindy.
can I beat Thelma up ?
Karen
At 7:29 AM,
Jaded said…
"Oh by the way..."
That was too good!!
At 7:56 AM,
A Flowered Purse said…
LMAOOOOO that last line cracked me up! Your too funny cindy! I am enjoying your writing and the pics as well!
Love
di
At 9:57 PM,
Anonymous said…
This is very interesting site... Penny for your shoe hines furniture Thyroig hair loss miami fitness Sportsbook employment Volkswagen coupe fitness equipment and elliptical Lexus gs 400 niche f18 Rave backpacks free game play scrabble Kitchen privelges
Post a Comment
<< Home