High Time
Michael Stanley says on the live version of this song:
Just wanted to let you know; it's not a love song, it's a lust song.
One great thing about a Michael Stanley concert is that he speaks to the crowd in between songs. I love that about him. This song is originally off of an album from 2000 called Eighteen Down. Please go have a listen.
His music touches me in ways that I can't explain. Sometimes I feel like he's writing them just for me.
High Time
--words and music by Michael Stanley
Hey girl 'fore the night is through
I wanna do more than just talk to you
Ain't no doubt about it...no doubt...
One thing better understand
One more touch and this is out of hand
And I think I wanna be around you when it does...
Gonna rock like the devil, gonna roll like a wheel
Gonna push it to the edge, see how that feels
Ain't it high time...you and me got together
Ain't it high time...you and me took the stroll
High time...'cause it might be now or never
Ain't it High time...yeah we get a little out of control
I can tell you were born to please
And when you move like that brings me to my knees
And as long as I'm down here...all right...
We've been waiting for tonight to come
But I promise you tonight ain't the only one
If you know what I mean...oh yeah...
Gonna rock like the devil, gonna roll like a wheel
Gonna push it to the edge, see how that feels
Ain't it high time...you and me got together
Ain't it high time...you and me took the stroll
High time...'cause it might be now or never
High time...yeah we get a little out of control
I can tell looking in your eyes
You got the kind of power gonna hypnotize
Yeah I wanna feel that...oh yeah...
All night baby that's the plan
'Cause you know what I like I'm your backdoor man...ah yeah...
Gonna rock like the devil, gonna roll like wheel
Gonna push it to the edge, how does that feels
Ain't it high time...you and me got together
Ain't it high time...you and me took the chance
High time...'cause it might be now or never
High time...that we do the mystery dance...
High time...yeah, you and me got together
High time...yeah, you and me took the stroll
High time...'cause it might be now or never
High time...yeah we get a little out of control
How's it feel...
Let me hear ya say it...
Gonna turn your world around babe...
High time...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So begins the story, getting out of control and how my world turned around. This song is not a ballad, it's rock and roll, a real grind song, if you know what I mean.
When I moved in with Leap he was living in an apartment complex on the west-side, by far the best side of town. Two doors down was Leap's Uncle Frank & Aunt Bonnie. Uncle Frank was a handsome one, we hit it off immediately. It's was a comfort to know that family was close. Another couple lived with them, Ed and Sherry. Across the parking lot were other people that Leap knew, so it was a party complex.
Leap had just split up with Jeremy's mom right when we met. Jeremy's mom is a school friend of mine. That's why Leap seemed vaguely familiar to me that night that we were formally introduced. Leap was a connection. A drug connection. When ever the boys needed some pot, Leap was the go to guy. I have to clarify one thing, he wasn't connected like Johnny Depp in Blow.
He was living in a nice two bedroom apartment, with absolutely no furnishings. When I was sleeping over, it was on a matress on the floor. When I moved in, all of my stuff came with me, we quickly made the bachelor pad look like a home. He worked shifts, I worked days. For a while there, the only quality time we spent together was on the weekends. When he was on afternoon turn, I would hang out with Uncle Frank and that bunch. There was a swimming pool behind the apartments, and we would take picnic tables over to the pool and just hang out.
Billy was driving a taxi cab, that was his current job. So Billy would back that taxi up to our door every single time he was slow, waiting for a call, mainly while Leap was on afternoon turn. Just because I moved in with Leap didn't mean I was leaving the posse. George would stop in from time to time, but we spoke on the phone several times a day. Tom was banished from my life, he and current punching bag were moving to Texas. Every now and then, Donny would stop over, but not often. He had a new girlfriend, and when Donny was involved with someone, he made himself scarce. Leroy and MAD are unaccounted for at the present. Assuming MAD is still in prison.
Any time that Leap and I would go out bar hopping, the posse knew and would end up where ever we were. That was our routine. Leap would always talk about his cousin Greg and his old lady Sue. Wait till you meet him, you will really like him. I think that if he's anything like Uncle Frank, I'm sure I will. These two relatives are not blood related to Leap. They are the brother and nephew of Leap's step-mother. But family all the same.
One day, a knock on the door. Leap is up in the shower, I answer the door. I have no idea who this guy is. There is a woman standing behind him, that I can't really see. I tell them to come in and I went upstairs to tell Leap he has company. He says I bet it's my cousin Greg. Back down the stairs I go and sure enough, it's Leap's cousin Greg. And his old lady, Sue. I can barely believe my eyes! Sue is a neighborhood/school friend of mine. I haven't seen her since I graduated! There is no question, I like Greg and Sue. Now, an old friend, but never a member of the posse, is family. A little side note about one of Leap's little quirks. He always said my cousin Greg, or my Uncle Frank, never just Greg and/or Frank. Always. We didn't know any other Greg that would have caused confusion. I did have a brother Frank, but he felt the need to remind not just me, but everyone, that his cousin Greg or his Uncle Frank would be involved.
We lived in this complex, hung out and partied for a couple of months. Leap had a little disagreement with one of our neighbors over a deal. The neighbor didn't like the outcome of that disagreement and shot up our apartment, a walk-by shooting. Nobody got hurt, we got evicted and moved in with his friends, Mike and Betty. Turns out, Betty is yet another one of my old school friends that I haven't seen since she got pregnant and quit school. Small world. That's where I'm leaving off for now.
Just wanted to let you know; it's not a love song, it's a lust song.
One great thing about a Michael Stanley concert is that he speaks to the crowd in between songs. I love that about him. This song is originally off of an album from 2000 called Eighteen Down. Please go have a listen.
His music touches me in ways that I can't explain. Sometimes I feel like he's writing them just for me.
High Time
--words and music by Michael Stanley
Hey girl 'fore the night is through
I wanna do more than just talk to you
Ain't no doubt about it...no doubt...
One thing better understand
One more touch and this is out of hand
And I think I wanna be around you when it does...
Gonna rock like the devil, gonna roll like a wheel
Gonna push it to the edge, see how that feels
Ain't it high time...you and me got together
Ain't it high time...you and me took the stroll
High time...'cause it might be now or never
Ain't it High time...yeah we get a little out of control
I can tell you were born to please
And when you move like that brings me to my knees
And as long as I'm down here...all right...
We've been waiting for tonight to come
But I promise you tonight ain't the only one
If you know what I mean...oh yeah...
Gonna rock like the devil, gonna roll like a wheel
Gonna push it to the edge, see how that feels
Ain't it high time...you and me got together
Ain't it high time...you and me took the stroll
High time...'cause it might be now or never
High time...yeah we get a little out of control
I can tell looking in your eyes
You got the kind of power gonna hypnotize
Yeah I wanna feel that...oh yeah...
All night baby that's the plan
'Cause you know what I like I'm your backdoor man...ah yeah...
Gonna rock like the devil, gonna roll like wheel
Gonna push it to the edge, how does that feels
Ain't it high time...you and me got together
Ain't it high time...you and me took the chance
High time...'cause it might be now or never
High time...that we do the mystery dance...
High time...yeah, you and me got together
High time...yeah, you and me took the stroll
High time...'cause it might be now or never
High time...yeah we get a little out of control
How's it feel...
Let me hear ya say it...
Gonna turn your world around babe...
High time...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So begins the story, getting out of control and how my world turned around. This song is not a ballad, it's rock and roll, a real grind song, if you know what I mean.
When I moved in with Leap he was living in an apartment complex on the west-side, by far the best side of town. Two doors down was Leap's Uncle Frank & Aunt Bonnie. Uncle Frank was a handsome one, we hit it off immediately. It's was a comfort to know that family was close. Another couple lived with them, Ed and Sherry. Across the parking lot were other people that Leap knew, so it was a party complex.
Leap had just split up with Jeremy's mom right when we met. Jeremy's mom is a school friend of mine. That's why Leap seemed vaguely familiar to me that night that we were formally introduced. Leap was a connection. A drug connection. When ever the boys needed some pot, Leap was the go to guy. I have to clarify one thing, he wasn't connected like Johnny Depp in Blow.
He was living in a nice two bedroom apartment, with absolutely no furnishings. When I was sleeping over, it was on a matress on the floor. When I moved in, all of my stuff came with me, we quickly made the bachelor pad look like a home. He worked shifts, I worked days. For a while there, the only quality time we spent together was on the weekends. When he was on afternoon turn, I would hang out with Uncle Frank and that bunch. There was a swimming pool behind the apartments, and we would take picnic tables over to the pool and just hang out.
Billy was driving a taxi cab, that was his current job. So Billy would back that taxi up to our door every single time he was slow, waiting for a call, mainly while Leap was on afternoon turn. Just because I moved in with Leap didn't mean I was leaving the posse. George would stop in from time to time, but we spoke on the phone several times a day. Tom was banished from my life, he and current punching bag were moving to Texas. Every now and then, Donny would stop over, but not often. He had a new girlfriend, and when Donny was involved with someone, he made himself scarce. Leroy and MAD are unaccounted for at the present. Assuming MAD is still in prison.
Any time that Leap and I would go out bar hopping, the posse knew and would end up where ever we were. That was our routine. Leap would always talk about his cousin Greg and his old lady Sue. Wait till you meet him, you will really like him. I think that if he's anything like Uncle Frank, I'm sure I will. These two relatives are not blood related to Leap. They are the brother and nephew of Leap's step-mother. But family all the same.
One day, a knock on the door. Leap is up in the shower, I answer the door. I have no idea who this guy is. There is a woman standing behind him, that I can't really see. I tell them to come in and I went upstairs to tell Leap he has company. He says I bet it's my cousin Greg. Back down the stairs I go and sure enough, it's Leap's cousin Greg. And his old lady, Sue. I can barely believe my eyes! Sue is a neighborhood/school friend of mine. I haven't seen her since I graduated! There is no question, I like Greg and Sue. Now, an old friend, but never a member of the posse, is family. A little side note about one of Leap's little quirks. He always said my cousin Greg, or my Uncle Frank, never just Greg and/or Frank. Always. We didn't know any other Greg that would have caused confusion. I did have a brother Frank, but he felt the need to remind not just me, but everyone, that his cousin Greg or his Uncle Frank would be involved.
We lived in this complex, hung out and partied for a couple of months. Leap had a little disagreement with one of our neighbors over a deal. The neighbor didn't like the outcome of that disagreement and shot up our apartment, a walk-by shooting. Nobody got hurt, we got evicted and moved in with his friends, Mike and Betty. Turns out, Betty is yet another one of my old school friends that I haven't seen since she got pregnant and quit school. Small world. That's where I'm leaving off for now.








6 Comments:
At 9:26 AM,
Jaded said…
That's it...keep us on the edge of our seats!
We lived such different lives, you and I. Yet, I feel like I'm living yours with you, because you're telling your story from the heart.
At 9:42 AM,
lightfeather said…
I'm loving your story Cindy. I feel like I am right there seeing it all for the very first time!
At 9:50 AM,
Karen said…
a cliffhanger.........
aaaaaaahhhh !
come on Cindy, you tease !
lovin this story.
and about the comment you left on the pool pic--if you ever make it out to Colorado I will make a ramp for you and get you on a floaty with a cool drink in your hand !
Don't you worry about that !
:)
Karen
At 3:45 PM,
Nancy said…
Leave us hanging! Well done again Cindy.
I think you are enjoying this! HUH?
I know I am! Thanks for sharing your story and making me reminisce....
At 1:27 PM,
Anonymous said…
What a great site 2000 jeep grand all wheel drive hp ink cartridge refill debt relief See-through blouse pics Humidifier sk300 viewsonic flat panel screens Milf clit squirt Pee dee cyclone rci time share alarm car maxs Erotic story diaper adult baby Printer fax scanner Mazda 3 2 door Andrew hayden smith gay
At 8:17 AM,
Anonymous said…
Best regards from NY! » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home