Life Goes On

Friday, August 26, 2005

My Dumb Ass Sister

Strikes again
Seriously, this one needs her head examined
The reason she blew off Anthony's birthday
The crackhead had a stroke
This is her excuse

I said who will take care of him
When he's released from the hospital
She assured me that he would be staying
With his daughter
I said this can't be your problem
You can't take care of a stroke patient

That was the last time I talked to her
Until 7:30 am this morning
In tears she tells me
that she had to be in Akron
For training yesterday morning
Then report to work for the remainder of the day
Tried to call the crackhead
When she got no answer she called the daughter
(so what happened to he was gonna stay with his daughter?)
The daughter had been trying to reach him all morning
Susan leaves work at 4 pm
Finds the crackhead unconscious on the floor
Unresponsive, feet blue
Paramedics are called again
His sugar was through the roof
He is on life support
Not expected to live

I'm sorry
but I'm not
I have no sympathy for my sister
She should have never
put herself in this situation
Why would you go back with
a crackhead
who robbed you blind?
I have no words of comfort for her
Only cold, who cares
NOT ME

I asked her who was paying for the paramedics
She says medicare
Your buddy Linda is his caseworker
Like Linda tells me who her clients are
Like she would connect this crackhead to me
Ok, she will tell me if someone we know comes in

For the record
I called Linda
I told her that
the crackhead
is in the hospital
She spoke to him
Yesterday morning
To tell him that his
back benefits were
approved
She said he sounded like he had a cold
Slurring his words
She said she got a hold of him
at his girlfriend's house
I filled her in
Her response
Your sister is nuts
I agree

7 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    WTF? So did he go to the hospital or not? Your sister was just telling tales not to come to a party? Is she the girlfriend Linda was referring to? I am confused!

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    man, your sister has really got her plate full now.
    I remember when you posted that she had gotten back together with him and I kept thinking "why"
    after everything that happened to her and she still gets back together with him? wow.
    I am guessing he is a diabetic on top of everything else?
    doesn't sound good for sure.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger A Flowered Purse said…

    WOW cindy i wasn't expecting to read that. Drugs are so terrible. I pray hes okay.
    Hugs to you and prayers for your family
    Love
    dianna

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger author said…

    There is no knowing why someone stays
    or goes back to an addict or an abuser.
    They love them, they love not being alone, they have no self esteem, no self worth. Hopelessness breeds idiocy.
    I'm sorry this is your sisters life.
    I am also sorry it touches you so negatively. I can imagine just wanting
    to shake her.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jaded said…

    How co-dependent can your sister be?!?! Sheesh!! I'm so sorry that she chose this for herself, but, it really was her choice and hers alone. Doesn't mean you have to take part in that mess. And that guy's choices brought him to this point in his life. It's ashame, it really is, and I will keep them in my prayers. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all of this.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger A Flowered Purse said…

    Havent seen you update today, praying everything is going okay. Batton the hatches for the storms
    Love
    dianna

     
  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Carie said…

    my mom kept going back to my dad because she said when she was there she could take care of him, she loved him, was afraid if she left he would drink himself to death...I understood, and understand...but its hard...

    you and your family are in my thoughts, and I hope your sister is ok

     

Post a Comment

<< Home