Our Evening Out
Grandma came to pick us up around 4:30.
We went to see her father at the nursing home.
I was uncomfortable, and so was Anthony.
We still aren't ready to be around sick people
I don't know if I ever mentioned
I can't go anywhere without seeing
Someone I know
It's like a rule
If I'm out of the house
I will see someone
Every time
Walking down the hall at the nursing home
I hear this voice as we are approaching the nurses station
Bitching
Automatically, I say some people just never change
It is an old friend that I worked with back in the day
At the other nursing home
She also started at the rehab the same year I did
We stood there and talked for about 20 minutes
It was fun!
Grandpa had a little accident
We had to wait in the hall for quite a while
I finally sat in his chair
My feet felt like blocks
We visited with him for about 20 minutes
Ant and I haven't seen him since last July
I'm ashamed about that
He was shocked that Anthony had grown so much
Anthony promised to come next week
Dressed in his uniform, so grandpa could see it
He really is a great kid
When he's not nagging for a pellet gun
Grandma let me drive her new SUV
We went to Damons, just as I thought
Played trivia, pigged, and talked
On the way out, Millie says to go to shoe carnival
So we drove over there and spent an hour waiting
For Anthony to pick out two pairs of shoes
Millie and I yakked it up while we waited
She bought him two pairs of shoes
Gave him a card with $50
Of course we had to go to Toys R Us
So he could blow the dough
Aunt Syl, who is richer than God
Sent him a card with $5
It's the thought that counts
All in all it was a good day
In the mid 90's, pretty flippin hot
But a good day!
We went to see her father at the nursing home.
I was uncomfortable, and so was Anthony.
We still aren't ready to be around sick people
I don't know if I ever mentioned
I can't go anywhere without seeing
Someone I know
It's like a rule
If I'm out of the house
I will see someone
Every time
Walking down the hall at the nursing home
I hear this voice as we are approaching the nurses station
Bitching
Automatically, I say some people just never change
It is an old friend that I worked with back in the day
At the other nursing home
She also started at the rehab the same year I did
We stood there and talked for about 20 minutes
It was fun!
Grandpa had a little accident
We had to wait in the hall for quite a while
I finally sat in his chair
My feet felt like blocks
We visited with him for about 20 minutes
Ant and I haven't seen him since last July
I'm ashamed about that
He was shocked that Anthony had grown so much
Anthony promised to come next week
Dressed in his uniform, so grandpa could see it
He really is a great kid
When he's not nagging for a pellet gun
Grandma let me drive her new SUV
We went to Damons, just as I thought
Played trivia, pigged, and talked
On the way out, Millie says to go to shoe carnival
So we drove over there and spent an hour waiting
For Anthony to pick out two pairs of shoes
Millie and I yakked it up while we waited
She bought him two pairs of shoes
Gave him a card with $50
Of course we had to go to Toys R Us
So he could blow the dough
Aunt Syl, who is richer than God
Sent him a card with $5
It's the thought that counts
All in all it was a good day
In the mid 90's, pretty flippin hot
But a good day!








5 Comments:
At 12:26 AM,
Jaded said…
Glad you all had a good time. I have an aunt and uncle who are millionaires...they'd give us a card with 2 bucks in it for Christmas. To a little kid, that's cool...it was insulting by the time I was 25. Sheesh.
One of my students was telling me today that her cat had been shot with a pellet gun. The shot itself didn't kill the kitty, but it did fracture the hip bone. After some pretty expensive surgery, the cat developed an infection that wouldn't respond to treatment, and passed away. So, pellet guns are NOT safe! The kid who shot this cat wasn't aiming at the cat...he just missed his target, which was a squirrel. Ugh.
At 7:58 AM,
Just Jan said…
Wow...August is birthday month here as well. (November must be pro-creation month...lol). Glad Anthony had a good birthday. Hope Sue gets some kind of news on her daughter soon. That must be awful not knowing where she is.
At 2:26 PM,
Nancy said…
Sounds like you had a good day...Good to hear!
My grandma gave us a dollar with a card every year til we were 18. That was all she could really afford though. She had too many grandkids and it would have broken her to give more.
At 5:14 AM,
Anonymous said…
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Gay bead and breakfast montreal cheap international pre-paid calling cards http://www.applelaptop2.info Coat of arma Effectiveness of 50 mg lamictal Birth defects   rhinoplasty Hood chevrolet calling cards cheap international phone rates Buspar prices Noise cancelling headphones rating Pcb plotter
At 11:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
What a great site Faucet ondine Cheap valtrex drugs district of columbia superball keno download andnot online Propecia wirkt nur scheitel Web merchant services play keno lottery Online levitra sales The lottery + shirley jackson Glow in the dark vibrator Kia shuma ii indicator light pamela anderson 2003 3 love money show tv http://www.waterbeds-9.info Structural model of vicodin hw6515 ringtones Big breast britney spear Butalbital chemical properties
Post a Comment
<< Home