Life Goes On

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

may 31. 1985 / 2005

Today marks the 20 anniversary of the deadly tornado that ripped through my community. I wasn't here for this horrible event, but my family was. They were actually planning their summer vacation, a visit to me in South Dakota. I remember it because this storm made national news. My mom called me before I saw it on the news, informing me that they were all safe, still coming out my way. No need to cancel the trip, they had no power or water anyway. Some of the devastation is still visible today, and although I dodged softball sized hail out west, I'm glad that nobody I knew was hurt during these terrible storms back home.

My neck is REALLY stiff and sore today. I'm waiting for A to leave for school so I can take a hot shower. I've already medicated with an anti-inflammatory, I hope the shower helps, because I'm in agony every time I move. Stiff necks are not pleasant, but they are even worse for someone who walks with a cane. What makes this neck thing inconvenient is the fact that I put off grocery shopping, A put off grass cutting, so our evening will be filled with unpleasant chores. I can go to the store alone; I just can't get the stuff in the house by myself, so I have to wait until he gets home from school. This will surely give me time to make a list of things that we absolutely need, so I can forget to bring it with us!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home