Sleep Talking
I woke up this morning promptly at 5:13 am. This is the routine. I have the alarm set for 5:25 but I usually wake up before it alarms. My problem has never been waking up, it's falling asleep that troubles me. I've been taking Ambien since 1998. It's a pretty safe bet to say that I'm addicted to it.
Ambien, it works for me. I used to keep it in the kitchen. That stopped once I started having problems navigating upstairs to bed. My girlfriend insisted that I move the pills upstairs to the bedroom. Thanks Sue, good idea. So now, when I go up to bed, I turn on the alarm, take the drugs, turn on the tv, set the sleep timer and usually within 20 minutes or so I'm fast asleep. Sometimes, I watch some tv before I take the drugs. And sometimes I fall asleep before I take them. Last night was one of those sometimes nights.
I wanted to watch Trial by Jury, so I postponed the Ambien. Woke up at 5:13. Go to the bathroom, go back in my room, make my bed, put my glasses on and downstairs I go. As I'm coming down the steps I see the light flashing on my phone. So, who called? I pick up the phone, no message. I look at the caller ID and it says my ex-wife called at 11:07. Ok, I have no memory of the phone ringing, no memory of speaking to anyone. Missed most of Trial by Jury.
I have to explain my ex-wife comment. Her name is Terri and she is the mother of my "step-children". Terri is my ex's ex-wife. Our history is another whole story, for another time. She's actually a good friend now and the ex-wife referral is a term of endearment. Our children share a father. I'm convinced that I spoke to her because she would have left a message otherwise.
I wake Anthony up at 5:40 and ask him if he heard the phone last night. He says no, who called?
I tell him Terri, but I have no idea what she wanted because she didn't leave a message. He informs me that I must have talked to her then. Yep, I know, I just don't remember. I'll wait till a decent hour to call her back, she works afternoons and there is no way she'll be up at 6 am.
At 9 am I call her and leave a pathetic message, Hi Terri, it's me. I see you called last night, I don't have a message, so I'm guessing that I talked to you. Please call me back when you wake up and tell me what we talked about. I need to know everything is ok.
I had an appointment in Youngstown and when I returned there was a message waiting from Terri. Call her back, leave her a message that I'm home. I make another phone call and because it was long distance I didn't answer the call waiting. When I finish that call, I call her back.
Yes we spoke, nothing is wrong, just wanted to see how you were. Thank God that's all it was.
The moral of this story is, don't call me after 10 pm, apparently I sleep talk.
Ambien, it works for me. I used to keep it in the kitchen. That stopped once I started having problems navigating upstairs to bed. My girlfriend insisted that I move the pills upstairs to the bedroom. Thanks Sue, good idea. So now, when I go up to bed, I turn on the alarm, take the drugs, turn on the tv, set the sleep timer and usually within 20 minutes or so I'm fast asleep. Sometimes, I watch some tv before I take the drugs. And sometimes I fall asleep before I take them. Last night was one of those sometimes nights.
I wanted to watch Trial by Jury, so I postponed the Ambien. Woke up at 5:13. Go to the bathroom, go back in my room, make my bed, put my glasses on and downstairs I go. As I'm coming down the steps I see the light flashing on my phone. So, who called? I pick up the phone, no message. I look at the caller ID and it says my ex-wife called at 11:07. Ok, I have no memory of the phone ringing, no memory of speaking to anyone. Missed most of Trial by Jury.
I have to explain my ex-wife comment. Her name is Terri and she is the mother of my "step-children". Terri is my ex's ex-wife. Our history is another whole story, for another time. She's actually a good friend now and the ex-wife referral is a term of endearment. Our children share a father. I'm convinced that I spoke to her because she would have left a message otherwise.
I wake Anthony up at 5:40 and ask him if he heard the phone last night. He says no, who called?
I tell him Terri, but I have no idea what she wanted because she didn't leave a message. He informs me that I must have talked to her then. Yep, I know, I just don't remember. I'll wait till a decent hour to call her back, she works afternoons and there is no way she'll be up at 6 am.
At 9 am I call her and leave a pathetic message, Hi Terri, it's me. I see you called last night, I don't have a message, so I'm guessing that I talked to you. Please call me back when you wake up and tell me what we talked about. I need to know everything is ok.
I had an appointment in Youngstown and when I returned there was a message waiting from Terri. Call her back, leave her a message that I'm home. I make another phone call and because it was long distance I didn't answer the call waiting. When I finish that call, I call her back.
Yes we spoke, nothing is wrong, just wanted to see how you were. Thank God that's all it was.
The moral of this story is, don't call me after 10 pm, apparently I sleep talk.








7 Comments:
At 9:23 PM,
lightfeather said…
That's actually a riot! I wonder if you read blogs in your sleep too! LOL! I once read about a woman who was gaining an extraordinary amount of weight. She was on a caloried restricted diet and not cheating in the least as she sincerely wanted to lose the weight. Apparently, she was a sleep walker and was making the rounds to the fridge every night and snacking to her heart's content, negating all of her hard work during the day. Wow! I think that would be really awful!
At 7:20 AM,
author said…
LOL too funny.
I talk in my sleep or so I hear.
But I dont think I have ever talked on the phone.
At 8:23 AM,
Nancy said…
The show House, on fox, I have it tivoed, can't remember what day it is on. Anyhow, it had a woman who came in and was pregnant and she told Dr. House, " I can't be pregnant, I haven't had sex in over a year!" "Ok," he says as he starts to walk out of the room. She asks, "What should I do?" He says, " I don't know, write a book?"
He is so flip and I adore him. Great show. If you haven't seen it, please give it a try. He rules the show.
Anyhow, it turns out she was having sex with her ex, who lived upstairs, while she was sleeping.
I have been a terrible sleeper for years and was also on Ambien. Took two and was out. Got to taking three and told my dr. I wanted something else. He gave me Trazodone, an antidepressant, that is often used for sleeping. Non addictive. I took two of those and was almost out, by the time my head hit the pillow!
You commented on my blog, thanks, and I often wonder what a person reads on Ro's blog to go to mine.
I have heard from her twice. Very exciting and she was also the very first to comment. Memorable, don't you think?
Nancy Epstein
At 11:21 AM,
mamalicious said…
my partner "sleep talks" with ambien, too. She takes it only occasionally and we have a rule: one cannot make phone calls or talk to anyone but me after taking ambien. scary.
At 11:34 AM,
Cindy said…
I guess that's why they clearly say only take ambien when you can devote eight hours to sleeping. I'm amazed that I even heard the phone. I didn't even take it that night.
At 10:45 PM,
Amy S. Petrik said…
hi cindy. thanks for stopping by my site :)
i have been taking AMBIEN for a little over 2 months now. i can only take a half of a tablet. i love it for my sleep apnea otherwise i could never have worn my CPAP mask.
what's your disability?
take care. inky
At 8:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it If i crossdress does it mean im gay peugeot 406 coupe exhaust Aeg compact dishwashers plumbing beach+boynton+breast+enhancement+florida Best washers consumer guide mature thumbs Cellulitis diease xxx creampie movies Freezer 7 Coloured contact lens free list of top diet pills that actually work Pocket pc fishing
Post a Comment
<< Home