Life Goes On

Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Decision Made

When Anthony woke up yesterday I told him about his grades. I explained to him the situation. He claimed that he could handle that schedule, I could tell he was not interested in summer school at all. I told him that I emailed Joe and the jury was out until I disucssed it with him.

I had to get the application from Anthony's school because summer school is held at the vocational school. I also had company coming over and could not leave the house. My neighbor Jerry was at home so I told Anthony to go ask him if he could run him up to the school to get the application. The thunder clouds began to show. I explained to him that the doors are locked at 2:30 and we need the appy. I told him to lose the attitude, I still haven't made up my mind, but I need the appy so shut up, go ask Jerry and then go get it. He actually said to me, I don't know why you can't just trust me. Sorry kid, you have to earn my trust.......and even though you pulled that 11th hour miracle out of your ass in English, you still failed Science. You want me to trust you with next year? I don't think so. By the way, he also failed Algebra I. We already knew that was going to be a fact, and the school had alreay re-enrolled him for next year. No problem there, not really.

"Big Brother" Joe called and we discussed A-Bomb's grades and the situation regarding the heavy schedule for next year. Didn't need very much information he flat out said that A-Bomb should have to suffer some consequences. Especially since he showed how well he could do. Joe asked me how this would affect my finances. I flat out told him $140 that I would scrape up any way possible, even if it meant a bill wouldn't get paid. He said if you don't have the money, I do. He said he wouldn't hesitate to pay for it, not even for a second! Of course I said that I would figure it out not to worry. Joe sent the money anyway, the rest of our conversation was during his trip to the post office. He wrote the check, stuck it in an envelope and drove to the post office while we were talking. I told him how pissed Anthony was over just having to go get the application. Joe says to put it all on him, he doesn't care if Anthony hates him for a while, I have to live with him, Joe doesn't. What a guy! I said no, Joe, I will share the burden. Anthony will get over it and someday he will be thankful.

I hate depending on anyone for anything. But it's times like this when I miss Anthony's dad the most. He would have said he's going to summer school, there would have been no discussion, he would have paid for it and that would have been the end of it. When it came to Anthony, I always had his father. I miss him more than I can say. My soul-mate. Joe is my back-up. I thank God for him, and he was in our lives way before Anthony's dad died.

Upon Anthony's return, I informed him that the jury was in and that he would be attending summer school. Instant rage. Stomping and slamming of doors. I very calmly said that he is going and if he gives me any amount of crap about it, he will be spending his mornings in school and his afternoons in his room. After 30 minutes of pouting in his room, he slammed out of the door. I knew he was just going to the neighbors, so I didn't say anything. He came back a short while later and asked if he could go shopping with them, I said yes and all is well. For now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Into the West was great again last night. I watched it twice.

Anthony spent the night at the backyard neighbors house. He'll roll in sometime after noon I expect. He's only a phone call away.

I got a short email from Lightfeather, and she posted on her blog. I'm relieved to have heard from her, and continue to pray.

The born again formerly gay one closed his site at 11pm last night. Not just comments, the message says SBM Blog closed at this time. Maybe he had an epiphany?

For the record, no phone call from my sister again yesterday. There's definitely a pattern forming here folks! I will be calling her this morning asking her to bring me her mousepad, since I am in the land of the neglected. I also need her to figure out what to do about the blind thingy that Anthony broke in his room. I'm window treatment challened. She bought them, she can figure out what's to be done about it. That's my motto!


pain

I broke a nail while trying to open something. The pain was blinding. It was even bleeding.




So I took these left-handed pictures of my right hand.




Oh such joy for the digital camera! Which I might add was a Christmas gift from Joe. I apologize in advance for all the typos that will happen until I heal.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger CrackerLilo said…

    OWOWOWOWOW! Your poor hand!

    I was a teenage slacker, too. Tell Anthony that if he doesn't get to working now, he'll have to spend his senior year working his ass off while his friends who've worked hard get to slack. That's what I ended up doing--and it *still* wasn't good enough to get me into the college my hard-working girl got into. Which meant we couldn't share a dorm, or even a city. Which sucked.

    (And hey, maybe that's another idea! Casually introduce him to a hard-working girl! ;-)

    Seriously, I think you're doing the right thing. Kids don't think about their future; that's why the adults in their lives need to do it for them.

    *hugs*

    Blessed be!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Cracker is right. He may not like it, but it makes so much sense. I used to think it was a woman scorned, now I know it is a teenager! Hang tough! And good for you.

    So sorry about your finger. Hope it feels better quickly.

    You have a friend in Joe! That is so wonderful!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger CrackerLilo said…

    Cindy, this is for Anthony:

    "Mrs. Krabappel, in figuring out my final grades, I hope you'll note that all of my textbooks are being returned in excellent condition.
    In some cases, still in their original shrink wrap!"
    -- Bart, ``Kamp Krusty''

    Hehehehehehe...I swear, that episode makes me just scream out laughing from start to finish, and I'm grateful for the commercials because I need a chance to breathe!

    Blessed be!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Jaded said…

    Sorry that you hurt your finger!! I hope it heals quickly.

    And you made the right decision about Anthony. He's old enough to learn that in life, if you mess up, you're responsible for cleaning up that mess. Even if you don't want to. He'll get over it. Good for you for being strong, and good for Joe for being such a great friend to you both.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home