Friday's Stuff
A 14 year old boy stole a plane and crashed it. I wish I could find a link for this story. Matt Lauer said something to the effect, he is really grounded. I relayed this to my 14 year old today and his response was: "There goes my plans for Saturday!" The kid cracks me up. You just never know what will come out of his mouth.
Another earthquake in California, those of you on the west coast, please hold on!
Still no report card for Anthony. This is frustrating because I don't know if the kid pulled a miracle out of his ass or not. I called the high school, no answer. I called the superintendent's office, he claims there is someone at the high school and offers a couple phone numbers. I call the guidance office, and the secretary answers. She informs me that they just got the report cards printed today. This instantly pisses me off, summer school begins Monday. She places me on hold and returns after a little while and says, he passed English for the year. He got an A on the final and the perfect score on the Tuesdays With Morrie project saved his behind. He failed Algebra I, which came as no big surprise. He was already destined to repeat that. He passed Honors History and earned an A on that final. He also passed Spanish I. What bothers me is, he failed Science for the year. Now I'm faced with a dilema. If he doesn't take Science in summer school, he will have a rigorous schedule next year.
Algebra I
Spanish II
Honors History
Physical Science
Biology
English
Health/Gym (or some other elective, cake walk course)
NO STUDY HALLS, which is no biggie, since study halls are not spent studying, they are spent surfing the web in the library.
I really can't afford the $140 for summer school. I would scrape it up if I needed to. I sent "big brother" Joe an email to ask him to call me at his earliest convenience. I need his input on this decision.
Still no mousepad here. I am having a hard time grasping the fact that I have been overlooked!
Still no word from Lightfeather about her mother's latest surgery. She's in my thoughts and prayers.
The second episode of Into the West is on tonight! I cannot wait. The new Michael Stanley cd will be shipped on Monday for those who pre-ordered early. I pre-ordered. Mail from Cleveland to me should only take one day. So, 4 more days till the new Michael Stanley arrives! It's going to be a long weekend for me.
Thank you, Annie for the head's up on Oh, Evolve! I will still read over at the blog from hell, but I refuse to comment. I almost did today and then cancelled it. I'd rather speak and not have a sarcastic remark or be deleted.
Another earthquake in California, those of you on the west coast, please hold on!
Still no report card for Anthony. This is frustrating because I don't know if the kid pulled a miracle out of his ass or not. I called the high school, no answer. I called the superintendent's office, he claims there is someone at the high school and offers a couple phone numbers. I call the guidance office, and the secretary answers. She informs me that they just got the report cards printed today. This instantly pisses me off, summer school begins Monday. She places me on hold and returns after a little while and says, he passed English for the year. He got an A on the final and the perfect score on the Tuesdays With Morrie project saved his behind. He failed Algebra I, which came as no big surprise. He was already destined to repeat that. He passed Honors History and earned an A on that final. He also passed Spanish I. What bothers me is, he failed Science for the year. Now I'm faced with a dilema. If he doesn't take Science in summer school, he will have a rigorous schedule next year.
Algebra I
Spanish II
Honors History
Physical Science
Biology
English
Health/Gym (or some other elective, cake walk course)
NO STUDY HALLS, which is no biggie, since study halls are not spent studying, they are spent surfing the web in the library.
I really can't afford the $140 for summer school. I would scrape it up if I needed to. I sent "big brother" Joe an email to ask him to call me at his earliest convenience. I need his input on this decision.
Still no mousepad here. I am having a hard time grasping the fact that I have been overlooked!
Still no word from Lightfeather about her mother's latest surgery. She's in my thoughts and prayers.
The second episode of Into the West is on tonight! I cannot wait. The new Michael Stanley cd will be shipped on Monday for those who pre-ordered early. I pre-ordered. Mail from Cleveland to me should only take one day. So, 4 more days till the new Michael Stanley arrives! It's going to be a long weekend for me.
Thank you, Annie for the head's up on Oh, Evolve! I will still read over at the blog from hell, but I refuse to comment. I almost did today and then cancelled it. I'd rather speak and not have a sarcastic remark or be deleted.








8 Comments:
At 12:44 PM,
Jammie J. said…
Is this the news story? LINK
At 1:26 PM,
Nancy said…
Cindy, you always crack me up with your posts! The blog from Hell! Pulling a good grade out of his ass! LMAO
Well, I hope you can find the money to have him take the two classes he failed. Summer classes are short and it will save so much time next year. Good luck.
I too have been thinking about Lightfeather and her mother.
The comment Anthony made about his Saturday is classic. Great kid you have there.
I KNOW how excited you are to get the new MS cd. I hope it comes before the mousepad! LOL
I am still waiting too....Well, I am not really waiting, just wondering if I will get one!
At 4:24 PM,
Lois Lane said…
Give the boy a high-five for me! I hope you can find the money to get him into his summer school program. Sounds like it will help him from having setbacks next year. (If you set up a paypal, I'd send some money. Hint, hint.)
I'm nervous not hearing from Lightfeather but keep hoping for the best.
I also was on the no mousepad list but 15,000 sent, I can't imagine. I was thrilled to get that many hits on my blog in five months! Try not to see it as an oversight or being forgotten, missed or whatever, think of it as potentially being on the next list of give aways. ;)
Cindy, Happy Father's Day to you! I know you have to play both roles and I think you make a great mom and dad.
Lois Lane
At 4:43 PM,
A Flowered Purse said…
Report cards here were a week late Cindy lou whoooo! i hope he pulls his miracle out of his ass! i bet he has all wonderful grades! At least hes not stealing planes LOL thats gotta be a good thing at least! I didn't get a mouse pad either :( and if it was a name mixup,my post man for sure wouldnt deliver it. Hes a jerk like that. I never ever get the wrong mail. :( Wahhhhhhhhh Oh well, maybe well get something next go around. Have a wonderful weekend sugar pea!!! LOL On the blog from hell. I don't go there anymore. He skeers me with the photoshops to whiten those teeth. Reminds me of the episode of friends where Ross's teeth glow in the dark LOL I am like shoooooooooo There is a famous artist named stephen bennett too, so i guess getting you one of his pics for christmas is outta the question? Have you read harry potter? there is a teacher in one named Lockhart, i think the first name is like Gilderoy or something like that. I always think of him when i see those shiny teeth LOL
Hugs to you
Love
dianna
At 4:45 PM,
A Flowered Purse said…
okay i went to the link, is this a good blog or a bad blog
LOL
Its not a blog at all its dorthy gail from kansas LOL
Lemme know what blog you are speaking of
Love
di
At 10:29 AM,
Anonymous said…
Keep up the good work
» » »
At 10:29 PM,
Anonymous said…
Excellent, love it! Finesse model management link www.maternity clothes now.info maternity clothes Which statins Dynamic vs basic hard drive
At 4:11 PM,
Anonymous said…
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »
Post a Comment
<< Home