Happy Birthday Dear Kelly
August 3, 2005
Kelly turned 21 today
She came and got her brother
They went to Damon's for ribs
To celebrate
August is the big birthday month
Anthony got called for a practice mission
They trained on search and rescue
over the weekend.
I had to call him at Damon's
He would have been upset to miss a mission
He goes to Pittsburgh tomorrow
We are meeting Joe in Cranberry
meet halfway
Eat dinner
I go home, they go to Joe's
For the weekend
This kid is never home
It's ok though, school will be starting soon
Joe and Laura are foster parents
for 9 month old twin girls
That just happened on Thursday
I worry that it will be devastating for them
when it's time for them to go
How does one pray for a positive outcome
in this situation?
It's sad if they have to go
It's sad if they have to stay
I'll go back and pick him up Sunday
And see the twins
I hope it cools down soon
It's too hot to do anything
Kelly turned 21 today
She came and got her brother
They went to Damon's for ribs
To celebrate
August is the big birthday month
Anthony got called for a practice mission
They trained on search and rescue
over the weekend.
I had to call him at Damon's
He would have been upset to miss a mission
He goes to Pittsburgh tomorrow
We are meeting Joe in Cranberry
meet halfway
Eat dinner
I go home, they go to Joe's
For the weekend
This kid is never home
It's ok though, school will be starting soon
Joe and Laura are foster parents
for 9 month old twin girls
That just happened on Thursday
I worry that it will be devastating for them
when it's time for them to go
How does one pray for a positive outcome
in this situation?
It's sad if they have to go
It's sad if they have to stay
I'll go back and pick him up Sunday
And see the twins
I hope it cools down soon
It's too hot to do anything








8 Comments:
At 8:28 PM,
lightfeather said…
How sad for Joe and his wife. I was there. For a long time.The blessing is that while you wait, you grow that child and all the love that goes with it, in your heart. The love that others' grow in the womb. Preparation. Growth. Love.
At 5:19 AM,
Nancy said…
Foster parents are a wonder to me. They are so loving and it has to be hard to not get attached, but how can you not?
My husband and I were going to do that, but then I got pregnant. He had worked for county council and say the kids who needed homes first hand. It tore him up.
I don't know if I could have gone thru with giving up the children I would have loved.
Anthony is doing exactly what he should be doing! Being as busy and having as much fun as he can while on summer break...Real life sets in all too quickly!
At 8:34 AM,
A Flowered Purse said…
Happy birthday to Kelly! Have a great time this weekend!! Thats awesome about the foster parenting! truly awesome!
Have a great weekend Cindy!
Love
dianna
At 2:17 PM,
Playground In My Mind said…
I think it would be hard to foster parent, but it is a great chance to teach real love. The foster parent program has such a poor reputation...if you can get some good parents who do not abuse but nuture, it can make life defining changes. That is a wonderful outcome...I see it both ways, too. Enjoyed your post. It is tooooo hot. Renee
At 6:55 PM,
Karen said…
happy birthday Kelly ! Yay ribs !
glad you got a hold of Anthony to let him know.
the foster twins--like you said--to be happy or sad. I hope that no matter what, they experience happiness for how ever long it may be.
At 8:05 PM,
author said…
I decided that I would be unable to foster. I would get too attached.
It would be a great loss each time they were returned home or adopted out.
I admire Joe and Laura greatly.
cool, down girl....
At 2:54 PM,
Lois Lane said…
It takes very special people to welcome and love a child and be able to give them back. I wish them strength.
Sounds like a busy time at your homestead. Send my best to the boy. And happy birthday wishes to Kelly.
Lois Lane
At 4:19 PM,
Anonymous said…
best regards, nice info In debt to your priceless Interior design investments Compare humidifiers air purifiers Ciales levi tra vardenafil http://www.2002-acura-tl-radio.info/Bmw.html
Post a Comment
<< Home