Life Goes On

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ohio Makes National News

I hang my head in shame
Can't believe that stuff like this
Happens at all,
least of all here
In my home state
Eleven Children Found Caged in Ohio Home

I'm still struggling with the news from the gulf states
Thank God that Mike Brown finally got a clue
Stepped down, good riddance

Remember my quest for music
West the Band
I emailed
I called
I wrote
Finally got a call
From the wife of Steve,
a member of the band
She assured me that she would take care of me
I wait
and wait
and wait
and wait
I emailed
Mailbox is full
I called
Got some kid
Wrong number
I did a google search
Found the phone number
of a band member
The one I remembered the most
Spoke to his wife
She assures me that she will take care of it
Jim is now a minister
The phone number is correct
No explanation why I keep getting this kid
On Saturday
Jim calls me
He said the band signed all of the cd's
He sent them priority
Thanked me for remembering him
and the band
Hopefully after all the trouble
and time
They won't charge me for them
and maybe, just maybe
I'll get them today

As far as the classes go
I've not done much work
Hard to stop watching the news
I need to get busy

I'm watching The Today Show
The story I just mentioned in this post
is being reported on as I type
Just makes me sick

9 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    that story about the foster children is beyond sad...
    hard to believe this goes on and nobody knows about it for so long.

    glad about the cd's !

    it is hard to stop watching the coverage.
    my heart aches and I feel so numb and overwhelmed.

    hugs,
    Karen

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger A Flowered Purse said…

    Hey Cindy Lou Who! I am glad you came and posted, i couldn't find the link to your blog in my fav places and i looked all over and nada :(
    Thats so sad about those children and i totally know what you mean about the news. I turned it off all weekend and feel alot better today.
    Take care and have a wonderful day and week
    Love
    dianna

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    So you are getting a MS signed CD? Is that what you meant? I haven't been to the forum lately.

    Very disturbing news about those poor kids in Ohio. Foster parents like those, give a bad name to the program. It is not the first time I have heard of stories of foster parents doing heinous things to the kids they are paid to take care of. In fact, it has happened so many times during the years that I am very suspicious of some people who do the foster care program. While this may be unfair, I can't help but wonder if some people don't do it for the money. Sad to feel this way.

    Do not hang your head in shame. You didn't do it. You could not have prevented it. It simply happened in your state. If we all hang our head in shame for what others do, in our state, or elsewhere, we would never get out of bed in the morning!

    I think the social service department is probably doing the best it can, but how does this kind of despicable crime go unnoticed?

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jaded said…

    I'm shocked that it's an Ohio story, because most of the foster care horror stories come from NJ. The system is such a freakin' mess here you wouldn't believe. We used to be foster parents, but the system is such a mess we'd see kids fail in every imaginable way and had no control over it. We wouldn't go through it again.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Just Jan said…

    My daughter and I just read that article yesterday and were so upset about it. I have recently just finished a trilogy written by Dave Pelzer. " A child called IT", "The lost boy" & "A man named Dave". It's about his struggles of child abuse and how he was rescued and the wonderful foster parents that helped raise him and mold him into an adult. Very comppeling and such an eye opener to what can go on in a child's home that we never know about. My heart goes out to all those chhildren discovered in those cages.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Just Jan said…

    I appologize for my horrible typing this morning....lack of sleep and arthritis pain is not a good combination.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said…

    From what I read, it hasn't been reported accurately. I hope what I heard was true and all those other reports aren't. The "cages" were painted wooden enclosures that were locked for their safety, because the kids have problems.
    Lois Lane

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

     
  • At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home