Life Goes On

Friday, December 09, 2005

Strange Phone Calls

We were under a winter storm warning
Didn't get as much snow as predicted
About 2 inches
It's very windy
But there was school today

Got two strange phone calls this week
Both from men with heavy accents
The first one was for a woman
I kept telling the guy he had the wrong number
And asking if she got her medication
When he finally got a clue
That he didn't have who he wanted on the line
He asked me if my medication was working
Huh?
I finally just hung up

The very next day
A man with an equally heavy accent
Specifically asked for me
Said that I had been chosen to receive a grant
from the U. S. Government
I asked him what for
He said because I pay my taxes
They say I'm getting $5000
We want to give you $500 of it now
Just give me your bank account number
I ask, EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DO YOU THINK I AM?
Ma'am, I don't think you're an idiot at all
So I say
If you think I'm giving you my bank account number
then you are an idiot
If the U. S. Government wants to give me money
They can send it to me by mail
They have my address

Anthony is doing the sullen teen-ager thing
I'm not impressed
He was almost rude to MAD on the phone last night
Tiffany called, and he kind of blew her off as well
Bad news for Ant, no weekend plans until he changes that tune
He's supposed to go with MAD
For haircuts tomorrow
That may be his only activity
Providing MAD doesn't blow him off
He was kind of offended

4 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger lightfeather said…

    Oh, the sullen teen thing. Ouch! I do remember and do not miss that!

    Good for you not falling for a scheme! Folks like that make me sooooooooo angry! ARRRRRRGHHHHH!

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger for_the_lonely said…

    You know what is weird? The other day, we got a phone call rom a funny area code...no one was on the other line..so I looed up the area code online, and it was from Ontario...weird...I hope that those people will not call you again!

    Sorry to hear about Ant..teenage years can be such a drag...I hope that he gets out of his slump, and that you all have a good weekend..together! ;)

    Love ya,
    Sarah

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    You are wise for one who has lived but one life! LOL
    Glad you didn't fall for the scam, so many do.

    I know that sullen teen thing too! UGH

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it workshop manuals for mazda 6262000 ccm1990 Synchronous conferencing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home