Stephen Bennett
What a joke. Sorry Steve I have to do this:
Below is the comment I left today on Bennett's blog.
I must add the fact that I quoted someone else's comment that was left before mine.
My only words were the Amen to Brett.
Cindy said...
"Frankly, Stephen, at the end of the day, it’s none of your business. I’m sure you don’t appreciate it when people look disparagingly at you and your family. Why are you disparaging Rosie O’Donnell’s family? The “traditional family” is a myth, anyway. The way marriage and family look today is a variation in history and a fairly recent development, not really traditional at all."
Stephen said...
Cindy - I've read your comments about me on other blogs and your language and frankly - you are a trouble maker - you disparage me continually - so practice what you preach my dear. I'm not disparaging Rosie's family by any means: only stating the public facts that Rosie has stated publicly herself. Do I encourage Rosie's family to break up? Absolutely NOT. I would be there in court defending HER if anyone every tried that. Why? Because of the children. There are children involved here - and besides her foul mouth (we all are far from perfect), I am sure Rosie is a great mother. It's the children who I care about. Taking them away (which should never happen) would cause future problems with the children.You're welcome to post your opinion here, but you're not welcome to call me names here.And Cindy, the "traditional family" may be a myth in your mind, but for the majority of people -- AND GOD -- it is not.If you have a problem with that - take up your case with God (re: the traditional family.) He wrote the book, not me.
10:57 AM
Below is the comment I left today on Bennett's blog.
I must add the fact that I quoted someone else's comment that was left before mine.
My only words were the Amen to Brett.
Cindy said...
"Frankly, Stephen, at the end of the day, it’s none of your business. I’m sure you don’t appreciate it when people look disparagingly at you and your family. Why are you disparaging Rosie O’Donnell’s family? The “traditional family” is a myth, anyway. The way marriage and family look today is a variation in history and a fairly recent development, not really traditional at all."
Amen Brett, well said.
To which Steve replied:
Stephen said...
Cindy - I've read your comments about me on other blogs and your language and frankly - you are a trouble maker - you disparage me continually - so practice what you preach my dear. I'm not disparaging Rosie's family by any means: only stating the public facts that Rosie has stated publicly herself. Do I encourage Rosie's family to break up? Absolutely NOT. I would be there in court defending HER if anyone every tried that. Why? Because of the children. There are children involved here - and besides her foul mouth (we all are far from perfect), I am sure Rosie is a great mother. It's the children who I care about. Taking them away (which should never happen) would cause future problems with the children.You're welcome to post your opinion here, but you're not welcome to call me names here.And Cindy, the "traditional family" may be a myth in your mind, but for the majority of people -- AND GOD -- it is not.If you have a problem with that - take up your case with God (re: the traditional family.) He wrote the book, not me.
10:57 AM
So, I replied with a comment back that thanked him for the insight into my personality. I went on to say that I don't agree with anything he says, I just go to his site for a laugh. Nothing he says can make me cry. And I thanked him.
Since I've been labeled a trouble maker my thanks were deleted.
The man does crack me up.
I'll still go read his blog, I guess I just can't comment any longer.
I don't understand his obsession with Rosie.
Bennett is out to make a buck, plain and simple.








16 Comments:
At 11:17 AM,
mamalicious said…
Thanks for visiting my blog, too!
I'm not sure why I keep going back to Stephen's blog, but I do.
I did want to point out to him that YOU didn't make those statements - that you were just "seconding" what the other guy said. He's really mad at you - that's obvious.
So has he disallowed ANY postings from you? I'm curious about that.
At 11:25 AM,
Jaded said…
I don't know why I read his blog either. I also don't understand what he's trying to do. Isn't the whole point of being a Christian the idea that you shouldn't judge? I don't get it. I am a Christian. I'm proud to say it. I also have a ton of gay friends who I love like crazy. I don't try to "change" them. I love them as they are. Again, that's sort of the point of being a Christian, isn't it? I've tried to tell him as gently as possible that you can't make such harsh judgments of people, but I'm not sure he gets it. I have no idea.
At 11:41 AM,
mamalicious said…
It just baffles me - and makes no sense. He says he doesn't judge, but he does. I've really tried to be rational and have conversation with him because I truly am interested in this discussion. I worry that I'm just banging my head against a wall.
At 2:34 PM,
A Flowered Purse said…
Ive never visited his blog, I think I am glad at that LOL don't hook me up!!
Dianna
At 3:47 PM,
Lois Lane said…
I'm with Dianna, haven't been there, sounds to me like I'm not missing much. Happy mother's day all of you wonderful mommies!
Lois Lane
At 4:51 PM,
lightfeather said…
I'm not so sure why I have visited his blog, but it never fails to give me the cold pricklies for sure. No warm fuzzies on that site. There are no traditional families anymore...Beaver and the Cleavers were last sited leaving in an old chevy van quite a while back on their way out of town.And by the way, I never wear an apron when I cook either!
God didn't write the Bible. People wrote the Bible. It has been translated and re-translated, and translated again so many times, and improperly from Aramaic, the language of Jesus, to Greek, and to Latin, and to English, that so much real beauty...all the things about love, have been exorcised right out of it, replaced by fear and scare tactics by members of the oldest of churches. It was the fear and scare tactics that kept the early Christians in line...looks like it is still working for some folks. Enough said. Shiver, shiver, cold pricklies...don't go back Lightfeather!
At 5:28 PM,
lightfeather said…
Arrrrgh...I just went to "that" blog and waded through the comments and his sanctimonious replies when I came to his wife's reply that said something to the effect that if folks weren't able to conceive, there must be something wrong with the whole thing. Now I know she is referring to gay and lesbian couples in her post, which is wrong for starters, but for two, how about the many, many, many heterosexual couples for whatever reasons(like myself) were unable to conceive? God against us too? Of all the cockamamie cow poop, this guy has handed out thus far, this is probably the worst. So I hop up on my soapbox ready to finally post something on this cold and prickly blog site...sheesh! He has disabled all of the comment sections. Oh, that just makes so mad when folks thump on the Bible, wrap themselves up in the American flag, call themselves the compassionate conservatives and then poke, stab, hurt, and run.
At 5:37 PM,
Cindy said…
Exactly Lightfeather, the guy is laughable. He wants to have a discussion, but when he can't take the heat, he takes his ball and goes home. Just be prepared, if you are able to post a comment he will either correct you, belittle you, or remove your comment completely. Right now he's hiding behind his moderator.
At 8:06 PM,
JessieTYCG said…
Cindy, You trouble-maker you! :0)
What a rebel! Hee, hee! Thanks again for visiting my site and for making me a link! If I ever find out how to add more links to my site, I will definately "hook ya up".
As for Mr. Bennett, I have visited his site and I must say that I am intrigued. I have to laugh at lightfeather with her first post saying that she wouldn't return to his site and then her next post saying that she just visited his site - too funny!
As a Christian myself, I must say that I feel Stephen has good intentions in reaching out towards the gay and lesbian community - Rosie in particular. He obviously feels that with his unique background, he has a special voice and ministry that others, like myself, cannot relate to. That being said, I do feel that his message can be construed as controversial, harsh and un-popular. However, as Christians following the teachings of Jesus Christ, we know that in His day, Jesus was seen by the establishment as controversial, harsh and un-popular - views that cost Him his life.
It is so hard to be a human now-a-days! How do you walk the fine line between loving acceptance and caring enough to confront someone you feel is on the wrong path? I compare it to parenting - you can let your child know, "Um, chewing on the electrical cord? - not a good idea." However, I'm not going to tell my child that they are a bad person for doing that, just that their action was wrong.
Still, none of us want to be told that we are in the wrong, but yet we all are. We are all flawed, and God looks on every single flaw the same way. No sin is worse than another. This is a common mis-conception about Christians. Many people think that Christians view certain sins as worse than others - that some people are more guilty than others. This is not what God says. I am as guilty in God's eyes for lying to my 7 year old that McDonalds is closed today, as someone else is of committing a murder. This is a hard pill for me to swallow sometimes, but I have the good news that as a Christian, I may not be perfect, but I am forgiven.
So, with Mr. Bennett, I am willing to cut him some slack knowing that he is a flawed person out there just like me trying his best to do what he feels God is calling him to do. I will let God take care of teaching and correcting Mr. Bennett - He's much more qualified than me :0)
Okay, that was WAY too heavy a conversation! MUST GO WRITE SOMETHING FUNNY!!! See ya later!
At 11:16 PM,
JessieTYCG said…
Hey Cindy - Me again!
Just went to Stephen Bennett's site (so lightfeather wouldn't feel left out :0) ) and read the comments regarding his latest "open discussion" topic on gay parenting. I gotta say that everyone seems to be on their best behavior and I enjoyed reading all the very well-written arguments, both pro and con, on this topic. I did not think that your comments were of the "trouble-making" sort at all! You were very respectful.
I was starting to get "comment envy" again. The comment total on this particular post is up to 80! However, as it says in the Bible, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's blog site!"
Amen to that ;0)
At 8:15 AM,
author said…
well, he deleted my post that asked why everything he posts comes back to rosie.
he is truly obsessed with her.
he studies her words and twists them. much as he does mine.
he did leave my post this morning ... so far.
But he will twist that in reply as well.
Cindy he did the same to me, deleted the reply, and then posted that it was "nasty".
It wasn't... but I have no proof since it is no longer there to see.
I'm sorry he was an ass to you too.
At 8:37 AM,
lightfeather said…
Well Cindy, he did turn his comments back on again, so last night, for a lack of anything better to do and curiosity factors :-) I went in again. I simply told him that his blog was not about love. Not about God. It made me sad and disappointed. I feel better now and don't THINK I will have to go back.
On the Rosie visit, I did mention...No, I begged and stomped my feet with a please, please, please, mommy! And told her I was so blogenvious of those who she visited. I was shameful. But I am so happy!
At 10:28 AM,
Nancy said…
I have only been to "his" site once. I don't like him. He is very strange and now you have peaked my curiosity and might have to go back and visit. Perhaps I will be banned too!
Next time, copy the comment on his post and put it on yours so you can show what he is really deleting! That is, of course, if you get unbanned!
He used to be gay. Give me a break!
At 11:03 AM,
Nancy said…
He is now allowing comments. What a hoot. He stirs the proverbial pot enough to get a lot of comments!
He does think highly of himself, huh?
Come on Cindy, cause some more trouble! Now's your chance!
I just sent my husband to his site, cuz I was ranting so much. He asked, "Who is this guy?" I said, "Just a formerly gay man who wants to live in a straight world."
Wouldn't that be boring?
Nancy Epstein
At 1:25 PM,
Anonymous said…
Excellent, love it! Shemale cock in gay ass jewelry party forest park handbag purse parties ohio honda timing belt problems
At 3:31 PM,
Anonymous said…
Best regards from NY! » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home