Life Goes On

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tears of JOY

First off, why this is so very important to me.
Leap and I went to more Michael Stanley concerts than probably anyone in the state of Ohio. When The Ground was released, the music on that cd was almost like it was written specifically for Leap and I. It touched my heart in so many ways. Leap never got a chance to listen to it, he was too sick. I believe it would have given him some peace, it just never happened.

I wrote an email to Michael Stanley, explaining to him how I felt and thanked him for his music. I told him about Leap and our history. Michael Stanley wrote back to me with his hope that things would get better for my family and he thanked me for my kind words. It meant everything to me. Like I didn't already worship the man. I've seriously wanted to marry him since I was about 17 years old. Yeah, I could live like that, without a doubt!

Ok, so it is announced that Michael will be playing at the ribfest, right down the street from me. I'm happy and devastated at the same time, because the ribfest means standing for a two hour concert. I am physically not able to do this. He hasn't played at our ribfest for three years.

Bottom line, if I couldn't have gone this time, Leap would have, if he was still with us. And he would have taken Anthony. So, I'm pretty bummed, as you might imagine.

I hear through the grapevine (Michael Stanley Forum) that for the first time ever there will be 300 gold circle seats. I made several phone calls yesterday to verify this was true and also to find out if there were still tickets available. To my relief it was yes on both counts. I ordered 3 by phone and they arrived in the mail today. If that wasn't exciting enough, American Road also arrived. I'm listening to it now. I can't tell you how tingly I feel!



I promise, I will stop whining now. Everything is so good in my world today.
I know Leap is pleased that I'm taking our son. He's beaming down on me, I can feel him.



EXCEPT FOR ONE LITTLE THING

There is an update on my sister, Susan.
Let's review:

I thought that she might have a secret
Which would explain her lack of phone time

I called her last evening to tell her my news
A man answered the phone
I have her on speed dial, no way I have the wrong number
I say who is this?
He says who is this?
I say who is this?
He says who is this?
I say is Susan there?
She says hello
I say who was that?
She says Dave, I'm getting a beep hold on
I sit there waiting
saying over and over in my head
don't say anything
don't say anything
don't say anything

Ok, more review
I suspected that she was busy
I suspected that it was Dave
DAVE IS A CRACKHEAD
For real
My sister is a NUTJOB
Why on earth would she do this?
Is she that sex starved that she can't handle being alone for more than 5 minutes?????
Since there is nothing I can do about any of it
I have to just be satisfied that I know that I was right
I'm not saying anything to her about it
It will go in one ear, through the wind tunnel, and out the other ear
It's like banging my head on the wall
When he robs her blind again
My ears will be closed.

The truck driver called
He's camping with the evil one
Isn't that nice
Family togetherness
A month ago they were getting a divorce
Again I am banging my head on the wall
I don't want to play in her sandbox
the evil one
Yep, that's what he calls his wife of less than a year.
He will be honoring me with an appearance
Thursday or Friday
I informed him of the concert
Told him that tickets were getting low
If he wants to go, he needs to get his ass to town

I have to figure out how to change the time stamp on my camera
Either make the date right or take it off
That's my job for the day!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Angel Chasse said…

    Awesome on the CD and ticket front. Sads on the sister front. Ick... Seems that every family has something.. someone they wish that they could help but they cant... *hugs* It is still VERY hot here.. ick...
    *hugs*
    Angel Chasse (again)

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said…

    Focus on the concert. You can't make your sister be a better person. You can't make her make good decisions. You have a blast at that concert and know Leap made sure you weren't missing out on this one.
    Lois Lane

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    "Everything is so good in my world today"

    I love hearing this.. Congrats ..Hope things work out :)

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger author said…

    wow your sister makes me want to scream in her face.

    So happy to feel your happiness.
    Thanks for sharing it with us !

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Okay, you totally cracked me up with the "Let's review" about your sister!
    You called it, even before you got the mouse pad from her!
    You are a super-slueth!
    Don't let her get you down! You have had a fabulous day. You finally got your cd and you have great tickets with perks too!
    I couldn't be happier for you Cindy!
    Oh, and the truck driver? What's up with him??? Watch yourself and don't get hurt!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger A Flowered Purse said…

    YAYY ANd even bigger YAY on the tickets!!

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent, love it! » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home