Best Christmas Ever

I drove about 40 miles to Aurora
To Kelly's house who so graciously
Purchased my ticket
Brenda was already there
They were listening to Michael Stanley
This was the first time I've met these women
We chatted for a while
Then piled into Kelly's bedroom
To watch a slide show
Michael's concert pictures
Set to his music
We watched it three times
I need to have me one of these
Kelly ordered pizza
Michelle finally shows
Her parents decided not to go
We offered to take the teenager with us
The pizza arrives, we eat and talk
Then, we pile into my car
Drive to Cleveland
They dump Michelle and I at the door
With a wheelchair in tow
Michelle and I go in and park the chair
Behind the boxoffice
Michael and the band, minus Jennifer
are on stage doing sound check
Forum members are streaming in
Kelly and Brenda enter
We go upstairs to where the pre-party is
Get front row seats in the balcony
To watch sound check
Private concert, just for us
Very Cool
Very Personal
The party was cool
Just some mingling
With drinks and snacks
Before the doors are opened to the public
We go down to the stage
The venue is standing room only
The wheelchair is placed
At Michael's feet, front row
And we wait, Doors open at 7
Band hits the stage around 8:20
I'm witnessing Michael
Up close and personal
Best seat in the house
He rocked, he rolled
Could see the patches in his jeans
The sweat rolling down his face
While he performed
The best show ever
We waited for nearly an hour
For him to sign hundreds of autographs
I wasn't nervous
Wasn't star struck
It was so casual
Like seeing an old friend
I said something that cracked him up
Can't remember what, but I made him laugh
He signed my cd cover for The Ground
The one that means the most to me
And I got the autographed picture
He gave me two, so I have one that isn't signed
And then, when the crowd cleared
Only Forum members left
We gave him his gift
He stood, looking curious
Gingerly opened it
And when he saw all the many old concert shirts
His face went to stunned
He said
You guys, this is so cool
This is so cool



"Forum folks... I just wanted to thank you for all your enthusiam and support in 2005, and for the incredible MSB quilt: it is greatly appreciated and it will be treasured (and I imagine fought over in years to come). We look forward to our rather limited list of shows and sharing them with all of you makes it that much more fun for us! Once again, Merry Xmas to all of you and here's hoping 2006 will be another year of rockin' and laughin'!!!...Michael"








8 Comments:
At 3:39 PM,
Carie said…
sounds like one hell of a night :o) I am so glad you had fun...wooohooo you go Cindy
At 6:32 PM,
for_the_lonely said…
Oh Cindy!!!! How totally wonderful!!!!! I got "spingles" just reading this, and I am smiling from ear to ear for you!!! Michael and your friends all rock! The best seat in the house was right where you were at! Way to go, Cindy!
Love you,
Sarah
At 2:04 PM,
A Flowered Purse said…
sounds so wonderful cindy! Like a dream come true! so happy for you!
YAY hope you get to go to many many many more concerts
Love
di
At 3:20 PM,
lightfeather said…
That is so awesomely cool! Yes it is my friend, yes it is!
Loving you,
Lighty
At 8:28 AM,
Karen said…
WOW !!!!
how cool is that ?
front row center--did you want to reach up and grab him ? LOL
I would have been tempted
to for sure :)
so glad things are so great
for you--here's hoping that
2006 has many more fantastic moments waiting for you Cindy !
hugs,
Karen
At 10:38 AM,
Nancy said…
You deserve some special attention from Michael. You have been an unwavering fan for a long long time.
That night couldn't be topped and I am so happy to hear he liked his quilt and that you made him laugh. Which is no surprise, you make me laugh too!
Congrats on your early Christmas present from MS and your gal pals!
At 12:16 AM,
Lois Lane said…
That was an awesome gift you guys gave him. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. You certainly deserved it.
Happy New Year!
Lois Lane
At 11:29 AM,
Anonymous said…
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Gay cock galleries silver bird slot machines com Incorporate changes contract free five reels slots Controlled shooting in craps machine ohio rental slot datona beach camping barcode scanner wand jackpot internet gaming slots coupon codes for super slots casino Suzuki fairings
Post a Comment
<< Home