Life Goes On

Friday, June 23, 2006

Bad Storms Yesterday Afternoon

Good grief did we have a storm
I'm not ashamed to admit
I was actually scared
I think they were straight line winds
Rain was falling in every direction
The wind was about 60mph or more
I was peeking out the front door
Watching leaves and branches fly everywhere
Big branches, and trees uprooted
throughout the neighborhood

There has been some construction
At the groundhog's house
I fear that we will get people
Instead of wildlife
Never had much luck with decent
Neighbors in that house
Pray for me
People have been driving their cars
in the yard instead of the driveway
All of the ruts that the tires have made
Were flooded
Looked like a lake
That water ran off
Into my driveway and carport
Probably 5 or 6 inches of water
I believe water came in one of the windows
ground level on the car port

Water in the basement
No electricity for an hour and a half
hot, humid, and boring
The back yard neighbor drove over
To survey the damage that her tree made
When in uprooted
On to my next door neighbor's garage
Her husband is in Florida
The other backyard neighbor
Is in Dayton with Anthony
Seems like all the menfolk are gone
Leaving us to freak out on our own

Many phone calls
Everyone checking in
Making sure everyone is ok

I was in the process of watching
Season 1 of 24
Got this one from the library
Free is good
Glad I decided to watch it
from the beginning
No commercials
No waiting for next week's episode
So, in between watching the first season
of the L Word
And The Shield
I'm now working on 24

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home