Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout
After I posted this morning I thought perhaps I might have misled you all a little bit. I said that I saved my neighbor $51 every three months for trash collection fees. Yes, this is true, but my reasons are pretty selfish now that I think about it!
We used to have this dog, named Thumper. A big loveable black lab that we took in because his person was not very responsible. Thumper was a good dog but he had one very bad habit. Well, he had several bad habits, but the one that sticks out the most in my mind is the fact that he loved to dig through garbage. He loved this so much that he actually would bring garbage home. Other people's garbage. Poor Anthony spent a whole lot of time picking up garbage out of our yard. He bitched and complained about it all of the time.
Most of that garbage came from Jerry's house. There was bags stacked all over the place. It was quite disgusting. I would force Anthony to not only pick up scattered garbage from our yard, but I would also have him take one of our cans over there after dark and load it up and bring it home. Anthony, being the obedient child he is, did this but, under great protest. It was my personal campaign to better my view out of the kitchen window. When the cat started bringing rats home I finally just went to Jerry and said, start putting your trash out with mine. I can't handle it anymore.
So after my post this morning I thought I should come clean and let you know what was going through my mind for the rest of the day!
SARAH CYNTHIA SYLVIA STOUT. I played this for Anthony today when he got home from school. I said just listen to this and tell me what comes to your mind afterwards. When it was over he said "Jerry"! I love my boy, I've trained him well. That was the first time he had ever heard that little poem, and he got the answer after only one listen! Of course the only other garbage song that I could think of was Alice's Restaurant. For some reason in my head it wouldn't have worked as well as Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout!
For some reason that link won't work. So here it is:
http://lp2cd.com/time/050316/silverstein--sarah050105.mp3
We used to have this dog, named Thumper. A big loveable black lab that we took in because his person was not very responsible. Thumper was a good dog but he had one very bad habit. Well, he had several bad habits, but the one that sticks out the most in my mind is the fact that he loved to dig through garbage. He loved this so much that he actually would bring garbage home. Other people's garbage. Poor Anthony spent a whole lot of time picking up garbage out of our yard. He bitched and complained about it all of the time.
Most of that garbage came from Jerry's house. There was bags stacked all over the place. It was quite disgusting. I would force Anthony to not only pick up scattered garbage from our yard, but I would also have him take one of our cans over there after dark and load it up and bring it home. Anthony, being the obedient child he is, did this but, under great protest. It was my personal campaign to better my view out of the kitchen window. When the cat started bringing rats home I finally just went to Jerry and said, start putting your trash out with mine. I can't handle it anymore.
So after my post this morning I thought I should come clean and let you know what was going through my mind for the rest of the day!
SARAH CYNTHIA SYLVIA STOUT. I played this for Anthony today when he got home from school. I said just listen to this and tell me what comes to your mind afterwards. When it was over he said "Jerry"! I love my boy, I've trained him well. That was the first time he had ever heard that little poem, and he got the answer after only one listen! Of course the only other garbage song that I could think of was Alice's Restaurant. For some reason in my head it wouldn't have worked as well as Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout!
For some reason that link won't work. So here it is:
http://lp2cd.com/time/050316/silverstein--sarah050105.mp3








7 Comments:
At 6:14 PM,
A Flowered Purse said…
Sahra Cynthia Sylvia Stout
Would not take the garbage out!
She'd scour the pots and scrape the pans,
Candy the yams and spice the hams,
And though her daddy would scream and shout,
She simply would not take the garbage out.
And so it piled up to the ceilings:
Coffee grounds, potato peelings,
Brown bananas, rotten peas,
Chunks of sour cottage cheese.
It filled the can, it covered the floor,
It cracked the window and blocked the door
With bacon rinds and chicken bones,
Drippy ends of ice cream cones,
Prune pits, peach pits, orange peel,
Gloopy glumps of cold oatmeal,
Pizza crusts and withered greens,
Soggy beans and tangerines,
Crusts of black burned buttered toast,
Gristly bits of beefy roasts...
The garbage rolled on down the hall,
It raised the roof, it broke the wall...
Greasy napkins, cookie crumbs,
Globs of gooey bubble gum,
Cellophane from green baloney,
Rubbery blubbery macaroni,
Peanut butter, caked and dry,
Curdled milk and crusts of pie,
Moldy melons, dried-up mustard,
Eggshells mixed with lemon custard,
Cold French fries and rancid meat,
yellow lumps of Cream of Wheat.
At last the garbage reached so high
That finally it touched the sky.
And all the neighbors moved away,
And none of her friends would come to play.
And finally Sahra Cynthia Stout said,
"OK, I'll take the garbage out!"
But then, of course, it was too late...
The garbage reached across the state,
From New York to the Golden Gate.
And there, in the garbage she did hate,
Poor Sahra met an awful fate,
That I cannot right now relate
Because the hour is much too late.
But children, remember Sahra Stout
And always take the garbage out!
At 8:10 PM,
CrackerLilo said…
My mom read that to me when I was little. Made an impression. :-)
Blessed be!
At 8:58 AM,
Nancy said…
Cindy that was too funny. What was funnier was watching my husband's face as he was eating a piece of pecan pie, while I played Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out....LMOA
And Anthony got it on the first try too! LOL
Reminds me of a book whose words I love to use often! Jillian Jillian Jillian Jiggs, Your room looks like it has been lived in by pigs. Later, I promise as soon as I'm through, I'll clean up my room, I promise, I do.
As far as yours and my to do lists...They never end do they? I did not even list all the errands to do today. I figured 25 was a good start though! I especially like where you say you HAVE to get Anthony to mow the grass! How true of a teenager....
Ready Set Go...
At 2:30 PM,
TheMommason said…
Too cute!
Oh and I am also in Ro blog comment envy no vistis to me by Ro either but we sure have made some awesome Stranger Friends so that is the best gift of all!
Hugs
Hollie
At 11:21 AM,
Anonymous said…
Enjoyed a lot! peugeot onderdelen Camera digital louisville printing Maryjane atk mature natural hairy http://www.plastic-surgery-chicago.info/plastic-surgeon-and-find.html free webpage hosting hosting internet reseller web City club hiking new york prozac switzerland fast webhosting Anal bleaching product
At 12:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
Enjoyed a lot! Vacuum steam cleaner topamax pill Canada marketing firm contact email United states bulk customer bulletin board email Pontiac dealers in arlington tx Columbia jacket sale free educational stationery borders search engine optimization annualfee directories paid inclus Compaq norton antivirus 2004 Cellular phone company service Building video surveillance Borla performance exhaust 2005 subaru legacy Web cam bitches
At 7:12 PM,
Anonymous said…
Enjoyed a lot! dilisio paved driveways Reward for pain relief ritalin 20 mg Crazy wolf contact lens
Post a Comment
<< Home