Friday the 13th
Yes, it's today
However, I think I had mine yesterday
Or maybe on Wednesday
It's been a stressful week
Wednesday
There was a strange dog outside
Didn't recognize him from the neighborhood
He tore up my garbage that was out at the road
For collection
Remember the neighbors always put theirs
out with mine
Stray dog
big pit bull or boxer
or whatever
barking and carrying on all morning
Before daylight
At daylight I notice the garbage
all over the front yard
Nice
I opened the front door
And yelled for the dog to go home
He comes up the driveway
On the porch and sits looking in
Waiting for me to let him in
No collar, no tags
Looking in at Shelby, looking out
Seems friendly
I told him he had to go home
and shut the door
He then sits on my porch
and howls, and howls and howls
Shelby is pacing back and forth
Looking at me, and then the door
Come on mom, let him in, he looks fun
The thing with dogs
especially, the big friendly ones
They tend to jump on you
So, I was held hostage in the house
For fear of getting loved by a big ass dog
I called the dog catcher
The dog barked and carried on with the garbage men
I yelled watch the dog
They said stay in the house
We'll clean this up
call the dog catcher
I assured them I had
The dog catcher finally came
They took the dog with them
I hope the owners figure out
Where to look for him
Before the bad stuff happens
And then there was yesterday
A xanax day for sure
I am eligible for a free refrigerator
They are delivering it Thursday
The guys will call 1/2 hour before they come
So I can empty out my old one
Be home between 9 and 5
The phone rings
Refrigerator Delivery, we'll be there in five minutes
What happened to the 1/2 hour notice
Well, we're just down the street
Lovely
I empty out the refrigerator
Luckily, it dawned on me in the morning
to remove the magnets and pictures
Dudes show up, park on the street
Take the frig out of the truck
Remove all the styro and plastic
And proceed to carry it by hand
Up the driveway
Up the stairs
Into the house
Don't you people have a dolly?
We forgot it ma'am
Today, we rookie
Hmmmmm
The put it in the dining room
Proceed to move mine out
That has been sitting in the same spot
Since 1994, the day we moved in
It barely fit in the space
It's never been moved
Unbelievable the shit that can
accumulate in twelve years
So, I'm wiping the walls and cupboards
while they are taking my old one out
Before I could finish
Remember, I'm handicapped
They move the new one into it's place
I had to squeeze by them
I think they would have put me behind it!
I walked around the counter and about died

My carpet in the dining room is trashed
With some black goopy wet stuff
I said, what's up with this?
They say sometimes that happens
Sorry about that
And out the door they went

I had to put my freezer stuff back
and then the refrigerator stuff back
The free refrigerator is much smaller
Than the one I had
Not happy
Nothing fits
But, I was not calm
I'm freaking out over the mess
It's not like I can get down on my hands and knees
To scrub up a mess
I called the refrigerator place
I called the dude that came for the evaluation
I called the program that made me eligible
I'm really pissed now
The owner finally calls me back
And asked what I want him to do
I say, clean up the mess
That's what I want
He argued with me when I said they didn't have a dolly
Argued, like I would make it up
Puts me on hold, comes back and says
You were right, they didn't have a dolly
No shit
I also mentioned that they reaked of stale alcohol
I don't drink, I smell it immediately
Owner dude says to call and get him some estimates
To have my carpet cleaned
So that's my plan for today
I wonder how much it will cost to come out and clean some spots
I doubt that I can find someone to clean spots
Then I will have clean spots and dirty rest of the carpet
By the time Anthony got home
I was in lethal melt-down mode
Beware to everyone when it gets that far
I turned into super bitch
Poor Anthony, ended up in tears
I go outside to continue my rant
Only to find the styro and plastic
Behind my car
Grrrrrrrrrr
We moved it behind the garbage cans
And we left to go to Jim's to conduct
Ebay business
We both needed a break
I feel better today
I'll be calling for estimates
And maybe take a nap
However, I think I had mine yesterday
Or maybe on Wednesday
It's been a stressful week
Wednesday
There was a strange dog outside
Didn't recognize him from the neighborhood
He tore up my garbage that was out at the road
For collection
Remember the neighbors always put theirs
out with mine
Stray dog
big pit bull or boxer
or whatever
barking and carrying on all morning
Before daylight
At daylight I notice the garbage
all over the front yard
Nice
I opened the front door
And yelled for the dog to go home
He comes up the driveway
On the porch and sits looking in
Waiting for me to let him in
No collar, no tags
Looking in at Shelby, looking out
Seems friendly
I told him he had to go home
and shut the door
He then sits on my porch
and howls, and howls and howls
Shelby is pacing back and forth
Looking at me, and then the door
Come on mom, let him in, he looks fun
The thing with dogs
especially, the big friendly ones
They tend to jump on you
So, I was held hostage in the house
For fear of getting loved by a big ass dog
I called the dog catcher
The dog barked and carried on with the garbage men
I yelled watch the dog
They said stay in the house
We'll clean this up
call the dog catcher
I assured them I had
The dog catcher finally came
They took the dog with them
I hope the owners figure out
Where to look for him
Before the bad stuff happens
And then there was yesterday
A xanax day for sure
I am eligible for a free refrigerator
They are delivering it Thursday
The guys will call 1/2 hour before they come
So I can empty out my old one
Be home between 9 and 5
The phone rings
Refrigerator Delivery, we'll be there in five minutes
What happened to the 1/2 hour notice
Well, we're just down the street
Lovely
I empty out the refrigerator
Luckily, it dawned on me in the morning
to remove the magnets and pictures
Dudes show up, park on the street
Take the frig out of the truck
Remove all the styro and plastic
And proceed to carry it by hand
Up the driveway
Up the stairs
Into the house
Don't you people have a dolly?
We forgot it ma'am
Today, we rookie
Hmmmmm
The put it in the dining room
Proceed to move mine out
That has been sitting in the same spot
Since 1994, the day we moved in
It barely fit in the space
It's never been moved
Unbelievable the shit that can
accumulate in twelve years
So, I'm wiping the walls and cupboards
while they are taking my old one out
Before I could finish
Remember, I'm handicapped
They move the new one into it's place
I had to squeeze by them
I think they would have put me behind it!
I walked around the counter and about died

My carpet in the dining room is trashed
With some black goopy wet stuff
I said, what's up with this?
They say sometimes that happens
Sorry about that
And out the door they went

I had to put my freezer stuff back
and then the refrigerator stuff back
The free refrigerator is much smaller
Than the one I had
Not happy
Nothing fits
But, I was not calm
I'm freaking out over the mess
It's not like I can get down on my hands and knees
To scrub up a mess
I called the refrigerator place
I called the dude that came for the evaluation
I called the program that made me eligible
I'm really pissed now
The owner finally calls me back
And asked what I want him to do
I say, clean up the mess
That's what I want
He argued with me when I said they didn't have a dolly
Argued, like I would make it up
Puts me on hold, comes back and says
You were right, they didn't have a dolly
No shit
I also mentioned that they reaked of stale alcohol
I don't drink, I smell it immediately
Owner dude says to call and get him some estimates
To have my carpet cleaned
So that's my plan for today
I wonder how much it will cost to come out and clean some spots
I doubt that I can find someone to clean spots
Then I will have clean spots and dirty rest of the carpet
By the time Anthony got home
I was in lethal melt-down mode
Beware to everyone when it gets that far
I turned into super bitch
Poor Anthony, ended up in tears
I go outside to continue my rant
Only to find the styro and plastic
Behind my car
Grrrrrrrrrr
We moved it behind the garbage cans
And we left to go to Jim's to conduct
Ebay business
We both needed a break
I feel better today
I'll be calling for estimates
And maybe take a nap








7 Comments:
At 9:49 AM,
Nancy said…
Wow, what a dreadful week for you! I cannot believe the guy argued with you about the dolly! What a loser. At least he is going to pay for the carpet. Tell him that all the carpet cleaners said you would have to have the whole room done, cuz cleaning just the spots will make it look different than the rest of the room, which is about as bad as the dirty footprints they left from their mess! Can you say run on sentence?
How nice of you to take in the big dog til you could get him to animal control. I am sure the owners will call there. Most people know to call when their animal is missing.
Sorry you had such at tough week. I hope you have a great Friday the 13th and that you get that nap in!
At 12:17 AM,
Carie said…
I can't believe they didn;t do anything about their mess...and then to disrespect you in all the many ways they did, I hope they have to pay out the ass for all of their crap...sometimes people can be idiots...I hope things start to look up for you...
I am the neighbor that takes in all the strays, post the fliers and if after a few days no one claims the dog I find it a home lol, yep I have to much time on my hands at times lol
At 3:48 PM,
A Flowered Purse said…
OMG that sucks cindy about your carpet. I can't believe that they would just leave it like that and not offer to clean it up or tell their boss. THats awful. Carpet places usually wont clean just spots, they clean 1 whole room. Take advantage of it and have them clean the whole room and the fridge places expense. Sorry about the dog too, your poor girl. Hopefully today is better.
Have a wonderful weekend
Love
dianna
At 1:21 PM,
Jaded said…
Did you ask that moron why they replaced your fridge with a smaller one? How does that help you? And they'd damn well better get your carpets cleaned. OMG... that irks the crap out of me and it wasn't even my carpet!!
Keep us posted!
At 11:14 PM,
for_the_lonely said…
Urgh..I'd be MONDO pissed...I hope they footed the bill for the carpet cleaning after all!
At 9:52 PM,
Anonymous said…
Excellent, love it! » » »
At 7:23 PM,
Anonymous said…
Very nice site! » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home