Life Goes On

Friday, April 28, 2006

Just Another Brick in the Wall

Yep, I'm still here
Alive and well
Still not menopausal
I have been having mood swings
Is it a sign?
Or just normal me

Lots of things have happened
But nothing has changed
Life still goes on

I don't know what to tell you first
There seems to be so much to say
But I've felt like I had nothing to say

So, here it goes
My first post in months
What would be the most exciting story

Remember that soldier I met
On Michael Stanley's forum
He's back in the USA
He purchased two tickets for me and a guest
For the last Tangier show
you guessed it
Michael Stanley and the Resonators!
April 8
Center Stage
I was against a speaker
Across from Larry (soldier)
at Michael's feet




God, I'm fat
But it was fun

Here's the deal
We've had these plans since around Christmas
One of our original group could not attend
She gave me her ticket for my sister
Who stood me up
At the last minute
I'm stuck with a free ticket
I asked Linda, she said hell yes!
Road trip,
Me, Linda, and Vanessa





I'm the closest to the stage Vanessa beside me, Linda next to her


Because Kelly gave us her ticket
I promised her that I would get
a t-shirt signed for her




We sent Larry a ton of pop-tarts
So while Michael was signing Kelly's shirt
I asked if he would sign Larry's pop tarts
History was made that night
Michael said he's never signed
pop tarts before




This was Larry's first ever
Michael Stanley concert
And he got to meet him
Michael did a special shout out
during the show
Had Larry stand up
Shook his hand
It was so very cool
That Michael is a class act

I already have my tickets
For June 3
Plain Dealer Pavillion
Opening act:
Jonah Koslen and Breathless
Row B, Center Stage
Jonah played with Michael
Back in the day
This will be a great night

Back to Larry
Two days later
He came to speak
For Anthony's
Civil Air Patrol Squadron
As soon as I figure out how to get
the pictures from my internal memory
(yes, I forgot the memory card)
I'll share those as well

So, my friends
I'm back
and I'm pretty sure
that I'm a 48 year old
GROUPIE
can anyone say
Banger Sisters?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home